What's new

Onkyo 898, Zone 2 problems... (1 Viewer)

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
I have an 898... can someone explain to me how to get my damn 7.1 hooked up? Rec out.. zone 2, powered.. actived... blah blah.. I don't understand! LOL

I've read the manual many times.. can't see to get the 6th and 7th channels working on my 7.1. Can someone tell me excactly what settings I need to have on my receiver to play the ES/EX tracks in 7.1 and actually hear somthing out of the REAR surround? thanks guys!!

Jim

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Ok.. I think I figured it out just by playing around... but someone that knows.. please confirm.

I turned OFF the REC out and the Zone 2 and then set up my surrounds as Surr L/R and REAR and it "appears" it's 7.1 but it seems to be putting out the same signal as the left and right surrounds.

Does that sound right?

Jim

Mike Romberg

Auditioning
Jim, I've got the 898 but use it for a powered zone two in my bedroom. You must turn zone two off in the menu so that the receiver knows to use those outputs in your 7.1 setup. I think you need to go to speaker setup and confirm that they are there. If you can adjust the levels in the setup menu then you know you have it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks