What's new

One and Done Shows Yet To Be Completely Released (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
DisneySwan1990 said:
Only season one was released because of low sales.Even if the remaining seasons was released only in the UK/Ireland DVD, what are you gonna do?a) import the British DVDb) watch the whole series online
Can we get an explanation as to why you have this wrong information about Perry Mason because I still can't figure out where this argument comes from.

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
cafink said:
I recently started watching Picket Fences and have become totally enamored with it. It's very disappointing to learn that only the first season out of four total have been released on DVD, with no word at all about plans for the remaining three.
I bet its either music rights clearances or low sales, but the show was completely released on DVD in Europe

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
DisneySwan1990 said:
I bet its either music rights clearances or low sales, but the show was completely released on DVD in Europe
Do you mind providing a link to where you saw the European releases of the 3 remaining seasons of Picket Fences?

While Chicago Hope can be found in Region 2 releases on Amazon's UK site, I've never found official releases for Picket Fences Seasons 2 - 4 in any region. (The key word being "official". I've seen plenty of ads by people/sites selling the "complete" series in the usual unofficial places.)

Thanks!

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
CHICAGO HOPE being released in total would make me very happy, indeed!!

Features (over various seasons) two of my favorite actors, Mandy Patinkin and James Garner!!

Never understood (especially in their premiere seasons) how ER was higher rated than CHICAGO HOPE.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I agree. There have been moments I liked during the early years of ER, but Chicago Hope was always the one I really enjoyed and considered the better show of the two. Season 1 was especially strong, with Patinkin, Peter MacNicol, and EG Marshall in the cast.

Seeing CH available in Region 2, along with the rest of Ironside in Region 4, is what finally prompted me to get an all-region player last year, so I wouldn't be stuck missing out on things I'd love to have that, for whatever reasons, just weren't coming out in Region 1. CH's 6th and final season is scheduled to come out in July.

(Maybe if the show had made it to Season 7, we would have gotten a scene with both Patinkin and Garner, rather than them only appearing in separate episodes. That would have been fun to see. Ah well...)

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
And Chicago Hope celebrates its milestone 20th Anniversary this September!!!! Its one of my fave shows of the 90s I enjoyed, but nothing will ever beat ER, ever!!!The reason CH has never been released to DVD in North America, is because it used so much licensed pop songs, making it difficult for either Fox or Shout! Factory to clear it up for DVD releases.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I second Dave's question about Picket Fences. I searched Amazon Canada, UK, Germany, and Japan, but couldn't find any Picket Fences DVDs aside from the first season.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I wish Universal would release the Complete Second Season of Amazing Stories so we could have the complete series on DVD. It would have been better just to release both seasons as a complete series set in the first place.

Darby

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
cafink said:
I second Dave's question about Picket Fences. I searched Amazon Canada, UK, Germany, and Japan, but couldn't find any Picket Fences DVDs aside from the first season.
Since we never got a follow-up response about this, I'm thinking she heard that all of Picket Fences was released on DVD in Europe from the same source that led her to declare that only one season of Perry Mason had ever been released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks