What's new

One and Done Shows Yet To Be Completely Released (1 Viewer)

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
My List of One & Done Shows That Have Yet To Be Completely Released Are:Perry Mason (low sales)St. Elsewhere (low sales)Malcolm in the Middle (music rights)Murphy Brown (music rights and low sales)Amazing Stories (low sales)Crossing Jordan (music rights)American Dreams (music rights)Mo'Eisha (music rights and low sales)which other one and done shows do you want its a** to be finished on DVD now?and don't forget that some, such as The Practice (S8) and WKRP in Cincinnati (Fall 2014) were reissued by Shout! Factory

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Saw the headline and thought is was series that were ONLY one season and done and had not yet been released.

I take it you mean shows that only have one season LEFT to be released??

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
No, it means only many seasons left!!!!! It means only Season One was released, and nothing else!!!!

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
Gary16 said:
How was Perry Mason not completely released?
Only season one was released because of low sales.Even if the remaining seasons was released only in the UK/Ireland DVD, what are you gonna do?a) import the British DVDb) watch the whole series online

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
DisneySwan1990 said:
Only season one was released because of low sales.Even if the remaining seasons was released only in the UK/Ireland DVD, what are you gonna do?a) import the British DVDb) watch the whole series online
Dude, the whole thing has been released and they're working on the movies now. If you'd look just a bit down there's a thread about pre-ordering the next set of movies.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Disneyswan, with all due respect how did you overlook the fact that we have had over *20* releases of Perry Mason since that was done in the half season format (which is 18) plus two movie releases AND a best of set with bonus features for select S3 to S9 episodes. Are you sure you aren't thinking of another show entirely?

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
I thought perhaps he meant the revival series until he said one season had been released :wacko:

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
Ron1973 said:
Dude, the whole thing has been released and they're working on the movies now. If you'd look just a bit down there's a thread about pre-ordering the next set of movies.
DON'T CALL ME DUDE, I'M A GIRL!!!!! YOU GOT THIS OFF OF EITHER BART SIMPSON'S OR CARTMAN'S MOUTH!!!!

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
DisneySwan1990 said:
DON'T CALL ME DUDE, I'M A GIRL!!!!! YOU GOT THIS OFF OF EITHER BART SIMPSON'S OR CARTMAN'S MOUTH!!!!
I've never watched The Simpsons in my life and no clue who Cartman is. My apologies! Deal?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
To get this thread back on track, Sony's got a bunch of one-and-dones:

Maude
One Day at a Time
Silver Spoons
What's Happening Now!!
Who's the Boss?

I know there are more, but I can't remember them.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Perfect Strangers only got one release from WB

The Fall Guy only got one release from 20th Century Fox

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I should consider myself lucky; from my own collection, since WKRP in Cincinnati: The Complete Series is waiting in the wings, the one-and-done incomplete releases are just limited to:

This Is Your Life -- I don't wish to own the entire run, but another set or two, with some key honorees (Buster Keaton, Ann-Margret, etc), would be most welcome.

One Step Beyond (Official Release) -- My most-wanted to be un-stalled. Sure, I can get the other two seasons' episodes via public domain releases, but they'll look like garbage, in comparison to CBS/Paramount's crisp, clean season 1 set. It's also disappointing that CBS/Paramount doesn't even offer the other seasons through streaming.

I'm Dickens, He's Fenster -- A Vol. 2 with the remaining half of this one-season wonder was promised, but so far, nothing.

The Champions -- A&E released the first half of this one-season 1960s UK adventure show, then dropped it. Of course, I can always import the full series from region 2, but you'd think A&E, E1 Entertainment, Acorn or somebody here in the U.S. would just give us a Vol. 2 set in R1, or a re-release of the full season. Doesn't seem like all that much to ask.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I recently started watching Picket Fences and have become totally enamored with it. It's very disappointing to learn that only the first season out of four total have been released on DVD, with no word at all about plans for the remaining three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks