What's new

Old theatre 3D movies of yester year (1 Viewer)

xenonnonex

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob
I am looking for good copies of the old shutter movie that were originaly made on laser disc in Japan then converted to dvd-r
Flesh of frankenstine
Rockweiler ( mad Dogs)
Spacehunter
and a fe otheres
I would apreciate any one haveing these to contact me

Regards to all

Egore

Agent
Real Name
Ed
I have a number of field-sequential 3D DVDs and one F-S 3D VHS tape that was made for use with shutter glasses and NTSC CRT TV sets before 3D HDTV sets were available. Also, I still have the shutter glasses and controller box required to make the process work. However, I don't have the specific titles you mentioned, with the possible exception of Warhol's Frankenstein. I know I have The House of Wax, The French Line, Robot Monster, some IMAX 3D titles and a western. But, I don't remember everything in the collection off-hand. Some of these titles have never been made avilable on 3D Blu-ray disks. My disks came from Japanese VHD 3D videodisks, so the audio is in English but the picture has Japanese subtitles. Compared to 3D Blu-ray movies (as viewed on a modern 3D capable HDTV) the quality of the CRT DVDs suck. To make this system work on ordinary CRT TV sets, each 3D pair is presented in alternating fields of the NTSC 30 frames per second interlaced scan. This means there is considerable flicker (unless the picture is viewed in the dark), because one is seeing the R and L images at the rate of 15 per second. And, because each image is presented in a single field, the vertical resolution of the interlaced 525 line picture is reduced to 262.5 lines for each R and L image. I'd be interested in selling the entire 3D DVD collection with the shutter glasses and controller, but I don't want to break up the set by selling individual 3D DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks