What's new

Old DVD player - Trash it or Repair it ? (1 Viewer)

AndrewWong

Auditioning
Hi all,

I have a Pioneer DV-47 DVD player I bought in 2003 that's just gone back for repair.

It stopped reading DVDs and the repair guy says it needs a new pickup and another part.

The cost of the repair is not cheap - about US$80 and the parts are only warranted for 1 month from Pioneer.

Do you think I should fix it, or just buy a new US$80-120 DVD player to replace it entirely ?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I have a Pioneer Elite DV-47A (universal player that plays SACDs and DVD-As) in my bedroom system. If it went, I'd likely consider one of the newer universal players. Elite electronics I believe has a 2 yr. warranty. I depends how important SACD or DVD-A is for you if it is the same player we are talking about. If not important at all or one is more important than the other, it could help narrow down your selection process.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Andrew, if this is your player, fix it!

Because $80 is cheap to fix something that sophisticated. And, its only two years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks