What's new

Okay, I'm hooked. Where to buy more non-Region 1 DVDs? (1 Viewer)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I finished watching my new Region 3 Godzilla movie last night(via my Apex 3201), and immediately went to Ebay and bought another one. My brother is going to be stationed in Japan for the next 3 years, and I will be hitting him up to send me DVDs from that area, mostly kaiju. But I'm looking now for good reputable places on the net to pick up DVDs that either we'll never see in Region 1, or DVDs that are better than what we're getting. Any help is appreciated.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
My R2 supplier is Link Removed and I've been very impressed with their shipping time, customer service, etc. Cheers.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I have purchased many a UK released title from
www.amazon.co.uk
and have been as happy with the service as with their
R1 counterpart. (Read into that what you will.)
:)
Mark

Rolando

Screenwriter
As a Canadian where can I get some? Who will deliver to Canada and not leave me totally broke either. I am dying to get many hong kong legends DVDs.

James_M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
If you want some Hong Kong DVDs, dddhouse.com is the place to go.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
For Hong Kong Legends DVDs, As mentioned before, Benson's World has been very good. They also are excellent when dealing with returns.
Also, HKFLIX.com will be carrying these soon.

Matt

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
If you want some Hong Kong DVDs, dddhouse.com
I agree, but we're talking about Hong Kong *Legends*, a Brit company which can be reasonably said to be the Criterion of the martial arts DVDs (but without a higher price tag). They're R2 only, I'm afraid. Incidentally, the address of DDD House is:
http://www.dddhouse.com/
I've used them a few times and found them to be very reliable. You may blanch when you first see their prices, until you realise they're in Hong Kong dollars. Incidentally, check carefully to see if the discs are region-encoded. Most Hong Kong releases aren't, but there is the occasional region-specific release.
I use www.play.com most for my R2 (and 1) releases, but I don't know if they supply the USA. It would be worth checking out:
Link Removed
They list nearly all the main UK suppliers, and it should be a relatively easy matter then to sort out which ones will supply the USA.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Am I misinterpreting or do US customers have to place a first order of 15 DVDs when ordering from dddhouse.com?
This is in the shipping options:
(Only for first order over 15 copies (North America only) and than repeat order no quantity restricted)
:confused:

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Jeff: No. The shipping is more for the first order. J is saying that if you order more than 15 than use that shipping option. If it's your first order you have to go further down the list to find the shipping option.
Also, he will require you to fax or image your credit card for your first order. It is safe and the most trustworthy legit HK dealers. Another one is hivizone.

Rolando et al..: I have new HKL DVDs on the trading forum (Scorpion King/Tai Chi Boxer/City Hunter/OUATIC 1+2/Zu Warriors). I ordered a ton of them and these are what's left to trade/sell cheaper than any online store shipping to the US. I just want to recoup my cost.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=82219

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I was very impressed with the fast arrival of my 1st order with www.blackstar.co.uk/. Only 5 days fron the UK to my hands in Ohio, it was faster than I figured.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks