What's new

*** Official "WRONG TURN" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I found it dumb and dull. Sure, there are some icks and scenes designed to get the audience to jump or freak out, but it was just sort of gross. In some parts, there are scenes where to are tempted to scream at the characters to get their butts moving, but no, they seem to want to linger, to milk their on-screen face time just a little more.

I admit that Eliza Dushku is the only reason I'd even consider to watch this movie, but it's just disappointing she'd be involved with a project like this.

I'm sure fans of the gore genre will like the film because it does deliver in gore and lightning quick deaths through various barbaric means. The film's setup doesn't give the audience much reason to care about any of the characters, besides them having 23 pairs of chromosomes in their DNA makeup, while their monsterous mutant pursuers are surely lacking in that department.

If you want some scares, this movie might be the ticket for a matinee, otherwise, wait for the video rental.

I give it 1.75 stars, or a grade of C-.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I loved it...had a blast...a solid horror flick that doesnt try to be anything else...and I mean come on...who can resist Imbred Mutant Hillbilly Cannibals :D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Wrong Turn". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Kenneth English

Second Unit
INBRED MUTANT HILLBILLY CANNIBALS KICKED MY ASS! (And I Loved It!)

Saw this on Friday. Two words: Damned Good. Loved every minute of it! Now don't get me wrong here -- it's not a great film by any means but damned if Schmidt, Winston and McElroy didn't deliver in fine style.

Wrong Turn is what it is. And that may be the most surprising and refreshing thing about it. It doesn't pretend to be (or really try to be) anything but a lean, mean, down-and-dirty slasher flick. It's totally unpretentious and sticks to business for the entire lightning-quick 85 minutes of its running time.

In this day and age of asinine pseudo-horror films made by people who don't have any respect for the genre (and seem to feel that they're above it) it's nice to see a movie that's the goods, the whole goods and nothing but the goods.

Bottom line: Wrong Turn gets the job done with a minimum of fuss and a maximum of efficiency and tension. And that's a hell of a lot more than can be said for any other recent so-called "horror" film. In a world where movies like Resident Evil, Event Horizon, Jeepers Creepers and Scream 1-3 are the best that Hollywood can do, a movie like Wrong Turn is almost a revelation.

I can't wait to see it again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks