*** Official "VIEW FROM THE TOP" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Crawford, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "View From The Top" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "View From The Top" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

2. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

NOT a good movie.

(Just trying to spark some discussion.) [​IMG]

3. mike martin

mike martin Stunt Coordinator

I had noticed that ebert gave this film 3 stars, yet it's getting hammered on rotten tomatos. For anyone who has read ebert's review and seen the film; where did he go wrong in his analysis? Without having seen the film, I thought it had a chance to be funny.

4. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    I love Ebert. For fun, I sometimes read old reviews of films he did not like.

He is wonderful.

But methinks T and A sometimes sway his viewing decisions. There was a LOOOONG "3 stars for Angelina" period that did not end until Life or Something Like It forced the issue.

Great reviewer. Who sometimes loves the heiney.

Take care,
    Chuck

5. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

I don't know that Ebert's entirely off base. I've seen the film and thought it a bit odd and not quite sure what it wanted to be, but on the other hand, I sort of enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong, I've given it a non-recommendation review, although a mixed one at that.

It's wildly inconsistent in time period and never quite makes certain if it is supposed to be a drama or a comedy. In my mind, View from the Top is enjoyable as kitsch. Taken in a straightforward manner, I don't think it works.

6. Joe Acevedo

Joe Acevedo Agent

I did not like the film. I agree that it did not know what it wanted to be or its intended audience.

Some funny moments, but most of them were in the trailer.

[rant]Also, half of the movie was insulting the city of Cleveland. Being from Cleveland, that probably led to my dislike of the film. The city is not Paris, but there are a lot worse places to be. [/rant] [​IMG]

7. mike martin

mike martin Stunt Coordinator

subject: Ebert loves the hiney.

Ummm, YEAH. I've definetly noticed that, especially his jolie infatuation. To be honest, the sex apeal of this movie is the prime motivating factor that almost made me go see it; but as of right now, I think a rental is the way to go.

8. Mike Blais

Mike Blais Stunt Coordinator

My wife and I enjoyed it, if we had paid 13$ to see it I would have been dissapointed but for a monday afternoon matinee it fits the bill. I really enjoyed Miker Myers in a non-starring role since I'm not a giant fan of the last Austin Powers movie. I'd give it a 3/5.