What's new

*** Official "VIEW FROM THE TOP" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "View From The Top" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "View From The Top" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

mike martin

Stunt Coordinator
I had noticed that ebert gave this film 3 stars, yet it's getting hammered on rotten tomatos. For anyone who has read ebert's review and seen the film; where did he go wrong in his analysis? Without having seen the film, I thought it had a chance to be funny.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I love Ebert. For fun, I sometimes read old reviews of films he did not like.

He is wonderful.

But methinks T and A sometimes sway his viewing decisions. There was a LOOOONG "3 stars for Angelina" period that did not end until Life or Something Like It forced the issue.

Great reviewer. Who sometimes loves the heiney.

Take care,
Chuck

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I don't know that Ebert's entirely off base. I've seen the film and thought it a bit odd and not quite sure what it wanted to be, but on the other hand, I sort of enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong, I've given it a non-recommendation review, although a mixed one at that.

It's wildly inconsistent in time period and never quite makes certain if it is supposed to be a drama or a comedy. In my mind, View from the Top is enjoyable as kitsch. Taken in a straightforward manner, I don't think it works.

Joe Acevedo

Agent
I did not like the film. I agree that it did not know what it wanted to be or its intended audience.

Some funny moments, but most of them were in the trailer.

[rant]Also, half of the movie was insulting the city of Cleveland. Being from Cleveland, that probably led to my dislike of the film. The city is not Paris, but there are a lot worse places to be. [/rant] :)

mike martin

Stunt Coordinator
subject: Ebert loves the hiney.

Ummm, YEAH. I've definetly noticed that, especially his jolie infatuation. To be honest, the sex apeal of this movie is the prime motivating factor that almost made me go see it; but as of right now, I think a rental is the way to go.

Mike Blais

Stunt Coordinator
My wife and I enjoyed it, if we had paid 13$ to see it I would have been dissapointed but for a monday afternoon matinee it fits the bill. I really enjoyed Miker Myers in a non-starring role since I'm not a giant fan of the last Austin Powers movie. I'd give it a 3/5.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks