What's new

Official STAR WARS Saga Discussion Thread: Part 5 (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Nothing has been made official...yet, but the 4K restorations of The Prequel and Original Trilogy will also be getting released theatrically in May as well.

Regal is showing the phantom menace playing for a week. Opening in 5/3. I don’t see any listings for the other Star Wars films.

I think it makes sense that only 1 Star Wars movie will play for that weekend.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Hey, if you’re not busy on 5/4…

I was just coming here to post that I was wrong a couple posts back. If it was playing near me, I'd give nine movies a shot but that may be too much even for me. I'm guessing it will be a nonissue because it will probably at like a dozen theaters in the country.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Character centric OT

A New Hope - Luke Skywalker

The Empire Strikes Back - Han Solo/Princess Leia

Return if The Jedi - Darth Vader

my take of course. Others may see it differently

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Character centric OT

A New Hope - Luke Skywalker

The Empire Strikes Back - Han Solo/Princess Leia

Return if The Jedi - Darth Vader

my take of course. Others may see it differently
I feel Luke's story was essential in all three as he grew in each film. I do agree that Han and Leia's story progressed in Empire and Vader's did in Jedi, but bother were on an equal plane with Luke. Luke is the one main character who had a full arc over all three movies.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Yes, I bought it. (It’s for the kids!)

IMG_6265.jpeg

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Star Wars Blue Milk is one of those items I would buy for the packaging, not the product itself.

Way back in Summer '99 I remember buying a pack of Pepsi soda for the Star Wars Episode 1-themed cans (IIRC it was the Padme black & white can). And, I don't drink Pepsi ;) I did eventually have to recycle most of the cans (they leaked), but did keep one of them. Episode 1 boasted an incredible amount of promotional products for sale in the month leading up to the film's release in May 1999 - and for most of that Summer. In fact, IIRC there were more promotional products out there than for any other film, ever - even more than what we saw for Batman '89.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Way back in Summer '99 I remember buying a pack of Pepsi soda for the Star Wars Episode 1-themed cans (IIRC it was the Padme black & white can). And, I don't drink Pepsi ;)
Ah, the spring and summer of 1999. I drank all kinds of disgusting flavors of Snapple (gotta get all of the different bottles with Watto on them) and the even more hideous Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew and *shudder* Pepsi One to get all 24 different characters on the Pepsi cans. I never did get the gold Yoda chase can though. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks