What's new

*** Official "SHANGHAI KNIGHTS" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Shanghai Knights" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Shanghai Knights" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Once the film is released on Friday, I'd like to talk about all the moments "borrowed" from the old classic films. There seem to be a lot more than one might think.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Well, this thread isn't getting a lot of action but I'm gonna give it a shot.

Could someone please explain the spotted dick
bit to me? I thought it was a language deal where Wang & Roy were hearing it a little different than what was actually being said, but it sounded like that's what the server guy was saying. Is there really a dish with this name? Someone help me out. :b

I thought Knights was every bit as good as Noon. My favorite was the Roy returning to consciousness/Stonehenge bit. :D

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Yes, you heard correctly. It is a pudding with rasins. A cheap joke, but most of the ones in the movie were.

Jason

EricW

Senior HTF Member
a very forgettable movie. if this had come out five years ago i'd have been floored by the martial arts but now it's not even par for the course - it's getting tiring. it's like computer effects, even the bad movies can make technically proficient sequences, but it does not save poor writing.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Not to get picky but did anyone notice the mentions of Hollywood.

It's 1887 and they talk about going to Hollywood. I don't think moving pictures were even invented until the 1890s in New Jersey by Edison and in France by the Lumiere brothers. And at that time, Hollywood was just being named and was still farmland. Oh well, artistic license I guess. I wonder if they plan to get the next movie in Hollywood. They are going to have to jump ahead quite a few years for actual film making.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks