What's new

Official HTF HD Review: The Mummy Returns (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
ronsreviews_covers_78998.jpg">

James D S

Screenwriter
This movie has Rachel Weisz, wearing a gold bikini, fighting Patricia Valesquez, wearing a gold bikini. I noticed you failed to mention this important piece of information when you were poo-pooing the movie. Considering this, perhaps a 3/5 is more deserving?

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

Sam,

while I have found little to disagree with you on your reviews in the past, I have got to wonder if we were watching the same movie. I found none of the softness or muddiness you talk about, and in all, found a pretty stunning picture. While not a good as King Kong, I found that it is still an exceptional HD presentation of a not so stunning movie. If you can point out a scene or two, I would like to go back and watch them a little more critically.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I thought Weisz looked great in the original Mummy and in Enemy at the Gates, but she did nothing for me in this one. Her character seemed to be the epitome of vapidness and the sai fights were 'meh'. So no, for me a 2 it stays =)

I'll post some specific times on the softness, but understand that overall I just wasnt terribly as impressed with the look of the film as others have been, it just didnt 'pop' like Riddick, Kong, and Fearless did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks