What's new

O.K..I bought an Onkyo HT R530 (Same as the HTS&*)) for 40 bucks.... (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
...and I am wondering what I can do with it. It claims 7.1 but is actually 6.1 in it's decoding. Thing is, the speaker diagram shows the surround back as next to the listener and surround as being behind that. That doesn't make sense to me.

Any ideas..??

Also...any upgrade to this anyone is aware of of?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Not bad for $40.If you are referring to a software upgrade there's none that I know of but I haven't looked very hard either
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The 3D diagram is not the best. What appears to be speakers next to the seating position is actually supposed to be the back wall in a "transparent" view of the room.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Yeah...page 18...and I think I have it figured out...

The "side" surrounds are the rear we would have in a 5.1.

The back surrounds amount to being the "6" in 6.1. And I guess are matrixed into seperating some manner of ProLogic kind of thing. Otherwise, in an older piece, it would be a single rear center surround channel.

That make sense?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Well, since there are two back surrounds, they could be the back surrounds in a 7.1, if you could find a 7.1 disc or used DPLIIx. Otherwise, the two surround back channels receive the same signal in 6.1 or none at all in discrete 5.1 playback. At least that's the way I understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks