What's new

My older Onkyo HT-RC-330 wont power on need new AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

Real Name
C Bennett
Ok, just as the title states... 3 days ago I wanted to start rewatching Miami Vice...loved it as a kid..got the Dvd's as a Christmas present so went to watch them..got the DvD's out got the first few episodes DvD into the player..tried to power on the Onkyo HT RC-330 and no go..last time i used it it was just fine...now..no power. Everything was kinda run through that so I need a new AV Receiver.

Just a small living room the RC-330 worked fine for me so something thats at least that powerful I only run (and have no plans to upgrade) a typical 5.1 center/left/right/ 2 surrounds and a Subwoofer. the speakers are not really anything special Mirage Omni 60's.. well Any suggestions in the $300 or less range? I know a lot is out there now days. But I havent really followed along much since I upgraded ages ago to that Onkyo and a Panasonic Plasma..which still works fine..

Well let me know what you think oh im a bit limited space wise also so has to be roughly same size as the Onkyo RC-330 max height i think i can squeeze in there is probably 5 3/4" thats about what the Onkyo is/was No idea why it died just did but need a replacement. Thanks in advance for any answers/help

Max Taxable

Xenforo Addon Developer
Real Name
James
I love my Yamaha I've had since Noah let the animals out of the Ark. (Yamaha receiver RX-V361) Wouldn't part with it unless it died and I couldn't fix it, but if so I would be looking at this puppy:

And here's mine on ebay for a hunnert bucks:

Real Name
C Bennett
Do you mind buying a refurb from an authorized seller? This Denon is probably the best you can find at (slightly over) the price range.
No I dont mind, im staying away from Onkyo this time ..But that is the place I got the Onkyo from. So no i dont mind. I just have never has something not power on for no actual reason. Till now lol. I mean the old kenwood I gave my nephew is still going and thats circa 2005, my VERY OLD (now days) Carver AVR 100 is also still going and that was bought back in 1989/90..

but I like Accessories4less just fine.

Real Name
C Bennett
Looking at the Denon AVR s540BT and the Yamaha RX-V385BL currently there was also the SonySRT DH590

Real Name
C Bennett
So of these 3 which I can get from $230-279 what is the "best"????

Denon AVR s540BT and the Yamaha RX-V385BL currently there was also the SonySRT DH590

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simkn-Hans