What's new

NYT Article on HD-DVD (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
That is a very interesting article. Jan 8th can't come soon enough. I am sure there will be a lot of new product announcements, for both the DVD and Satellite Radio Industries. Can't wait to hear what Sirius has in store for us.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I think it is one of the first main stream articles to dive a bit deeper into the whole slew of complex and maddening elements that HD-DVD has to go through to become something we consumers can buy.

It is amazing how many masters this process must serve-- and with everone having an opinion, and with so many giant heavyweights involved- it gets complex in a very short amount of time.

I smell a BETA/VHS war brewing... ugh.

"Many in the industry say the worst case would be an endless fight, forcing the public to wrestle with two formats.

If that happens, said Mr. Lieberfarb, the developer of the original DVD format, "everyone is a loser, particularly Hollywood studios, the retailer community and, most importantly, the consumer."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks