What's new

Nymphomercial On YouTube (1 Viewer)

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
I just completed a short film on high-def video that's just been posted on YouTube. It turned out quite sexy and hilarious. It's called "Nymphomercial," adapted from a fantastic new book coming out November 1 by author Jay Nussbaum, called "A Monk Jumped Over A Wall."

"Ever wondered what would happen if you said out loud what you were thinking during a job interview?"

Mind your coffee if you're drinking and watching!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Felix, best of luck with this! Hope you arent opposed to a little constructive criticism cause I think you have something that could be really great but just narrowly missed in my opinion.

I first said to myself: "I think the premise is great but somehow the 'beats' of it seem to be off to me, I think a little tighter editing could really help!" I noticed that there is a shorter version and gave that a shot too, but still couldnt help feel that the rhythm wasnt quite right. I think that the gap between the guy selling stuff on late night TV, a monk, a wall, and a lawyers job interview just isnt sufficiently fleshed out despite the pacing too.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez

No prob, thanks for the feedback. We actually spent a lot of time on the tempo and pacing and that's what worked best for us and the "preview audience" we gathered feedback from before locking it down. But hey - everyone's got their own tempo, right? The short version downright sucks in my opinion, but we needed a 4+ minute version for YouTube.

The second set of bloopers are up - these are even funnier, I think. Clint trying to keep his composure next to Natalia's butt; me fixing Jolene's wedgie (someone's gotta do it); and Cates doing a mean Bill Murray impression with "horseshit" on him ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks