NYC Details Plans for 9/11 Anniversary

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew_Sch, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/news?tmpl...anniversary_11
    Didn't read the whole thing, but it sounds very neat and appropriate. I seriously think that public schools and government offices should be closed on this day so that everyone can stay home, be with family, and watch these ceremonies.

2. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I'm seriously thinking of either calling in sick or just asking for the day off. I don't think they should make it an official gov't holiday, but I do think companies should give their employees the day off. Schools will have the tv on during the day anyways. I would prefer to just be with family all day, but thats not possible. Supposedly the networks are devoting the entire day to just 9/11 stuff. I don't know exactly what and I think it might be a little bit too much, but we'll see.

3. Larry Price

Larry Price Stunt Coordinator

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I agree, Larry. My wife and I were talking about this over the weekend, and we've pretty much decided that we're staying home together (and possibly inviting friends). Neither of us can believe it's been almost a year.

M.

5. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

I don't know what to think about it. I wasn't as immediately affected as New Yorkers obviously were, so I can understand that minds may not be focusing on work. But I also don't think we should make a national holiday out of 9/11 either.

6. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

I don't plan on working that day. I'll be staying home, talking to friends, reflecting, and just trying to get excited about a new, more peaceful year in NYC.

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I'll be bailing work early and enjoying the Boston Film Festival, just like the rest of the week. I mean no disrespect, but I just find that these sort of planned, organized ceremonies leave me cold. I can't cry on demand, and get aggravated when people expect me to. I'll probably catch hell for daring to do something frivolous that day, but there it is.

8. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Staying Home. I might actually spend the day in the City.

At the same time, I am dreading that day. I somehow wish it would never come.

--
    Holadem