What's new

NYC Details Plans for 9/11 Anniversary (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Link Removed
Didn't read the whole thing, but it sounds very neat and appropriate. I seriously think that public schools and government offices should be closed on this day so that everyone can stay home, be with family, and watch these ceremonies.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I'm seriously thinking of either calling in sick or just asking for the day off. I don't think they should make it an official gov't holiday, but I do think companies should give their employees the day off. Schools will have the tv on during the day anyways. I would prefer to just be with family all day, but thats not possible. Supposedly the networks are devoting the entire day to just 9/11 stuff. I don't know exactly what and I think it might be a little bit too much, but we'll see.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I agree, Larry. My wife and I were talking about this over the weekend, and we've pretty much decided that we're staying home together (and possibly inviting friends). Neither of us can believe it's been almost a year.

M.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what to think about it. I wasn't as immediately affected as New Yorkers obviously were, so I can understand that minds may not be focusing on work. But I also don't think we should make a national holiday out of 9/11 either.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I don't plan on working that day. I'll be staying home, talking to friends, reflecting, and just trying to get excited about a new, more peaceful year in NYC.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'll be bailing work early and enjoying the Boston Film Festival, just like the rest of the week. I mean no disrespect, but I just find that these sort of planned, organized ceremonies leave me cold. I can't cry on demand, and get aggravated when people expect me to. I'll probably catch hell for daring to do something frivolous that day, but there it is.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Staying Home. I might actually spend the day in the City.

At the same time, I am dreading that day. I somehow wish it would never come.

--
Holadem

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks