What's new

Notice of class-action settlement, to buyers of select JVC/Panny DVD players (1 Viewer)

Matt Perkins

Stunt Coordinator
I thought this might be of some interest here. For more information, go to Link Removed.
Plaintiffs in the Action allege that the DVD Players at Issue, which were manufactured by or on behalf of Defendants, are susceptible to one or more video and/or audio performance problems. The claims asserted in the Action are premised on unfair business practices in violation of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, breach of express and implied warranties and common law fraudulent concealment. Plaintiffs in the Action seek injunctive relief, damages and recission.

Richard_T

Second Unit
What about us Canadian owners? Are we not involved with this? I'd like to know if I'm eligible for this setttlement. Hey, I've dealt with the problem given to me by my Panny A-310 for 3 years!:angry:

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
What about us Canadian owners?
According to the notice, it's a settlement of various lawsuits filed in 15 different states. By its terms, the settlement is limited to purchases or gifts of DVD players that occured within the U.S., which is consistent with traditional limitations on the jurisdiction of local courts.
Relief for purchases in Canada would have to come through Canadian legal proceedings. Does Canada even have class actions?
The damages to which individual class members are entitled don't amount to much:
a. Reimbursement if you've incurred out-of-pocket costs for repairs, up to a maximum of $100; or
b. If you replaced your player instead of repairing it, a $50 rebate coupon toward the purchase of another Panasonic or JVC product costing at least $100; or
c. Extended warranty protection (see the notice for details).
M.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
Thanks for this tip, I’ll be filing to collect the $100.00 cash settlement, I paid $150.00 to repair my 701BK with problems from the very first day, it’s not much, but at least now I don’t feel completely ripped off by JVC.

Jon_R

Stunt Coordinator
Dream on, class action lawsuits almost never pay.
I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again. I know of 3 class actions that never paid. My parents and their friends got in on some RCA lawsuit and my close friend had some sort of Toshiba television lawsuit.
This was quite a while ago, and despite the pretty papers and words similar to whats show here, they did not pay.
Of course 3 isn't much, but it is 3 out of 3, thats 100%. Of course its only 3, out of a possible infinite, thus its actually an infinite %, or maybe its just 42. ;)
BTW, Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy coming Late Jan!
Wasn't that a diverse post?
Enjoy,
Jon
"Now thats a bag of Fritos!"
(quote from the 400+ pound lady in front of my at Target)

David Werner

Stunt Coordinator
I have joined the lawsuit for my defunct A310. It was a good machine while it lasted. Does anyone know how long these lawsuits last?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks