What's new

NOOO! I killed my reciver!! :( (1 Viewer)

Shannon Berry

Auditioning
Well what we did/tryed to do was, make a digital out cable that can just plug onto the SBLive sound card on my friends computer. He brought it around today and we hooked it up to the coaxil input on the reciver.

We got no sound at all so we didnt bother with it to much, but after that there was no sound with anything, TV, radio, DVD's, nothing, not even a static hum you would expect...

We thought it might have just blow a fuse becasue the voltage of the signal may have been to high, but we couldnt see any blown ones.

Everything works like it should, all the options displays etc but just not sound at all....

Anyone have anyideas what might have happened or if there is something i could do to fix it ?

Should I just take it to an electronics store and get them to fix it...

The Reciver is the Pioneer VSX-D608

Thanks guys..

PS. I checked all wires, made sure it wasnt muted or anything little like that.

SamRoza

Stunt Coordinator
SInce it's a Pioneer, I'd say to make sure that whatever source you have it on to be sure it's set for it's respective input(I.E.- Analog or Digital).

Most of the time for me it ends up being that I've hit the "Input select" button and it's expecting a digital or analog signal when I'm using the opposite.

Sam

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I have to agree with Sam.

A PC based sound card does not usually have enough power (current, not voltage) to do damange to an input on your receiver. Check for A/B speaker switches that you may have accidently hit moving the receiver around. If nothing else, plug in a set of headphones and turn on the AM tuner. This should at least produce sounds.

Shannon Berry

Auditioning
Thanks guys, I will re-wire it up again tomorow and try the other speaker option (wire into B) and see what happens...

It wasnt the A,B,AB, speaker option befor but I will see what happens.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks