What's new

Non-Region 1 Special Editions vs. Region 1 barebones? (1 Viewer)

Haden

Supporting Actor
Just recently got a region-free DVD player, so now I'm checking to see what non-region 1 DVDs out there are better than their region 1 versions, specifically with additional extras or different cuts of the film that aren't available on the region 1 DVDs. Has anyone compiled a list so far?

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Hello Haden,
I think it would be easier to make a list of titles you specifically want to check on for better non-region 1 versions, as there are quite a few for each region.:)

Haden

Supporting Actor
Well I'm not looking for films with better transfers, anamorphic transfers, or better audio at the moment. Right now I'm mainly concerned with just finding out what DVDs have better extras or alternate cuts of the film. I can seek out improved video/sound quality for certain films later on, so if you exclude those criteria then that should narrow it down a bit.

Take for example Predator which for the last two years has had a 2-disc special edition overseas while all we had in the US was the barebones release. It's great that we're finally getting that special edition in July, but I'm curious what other barebones DVDs here have amazing special editions overseas. I might seek them out now that I have a region-free player rather than waiting (and hoping) for the studios to release a similar special edition in the US.

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator
Also noted that some of the Canadian R1s are different from the U.S. R1s. Comparing DVDs of different countries is turning out to be a huge task!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks