What's new

Non-anamorpic DVD´s and LD´s with iScan Pro (1 Viewer)

Trevor_J

Second Unit
I have an iScan (original) and it performs fine with LD's and non animorphic disks. I even use it on Cable TV and VHS (rarely) and it runs fine.
------------------
"Never underestimate the Powah of the Dahk Syhde..."

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Anyone else use it? I'm thinking about getting one for my LD player... think it would help much? Will it make LDs look as good (or almost as good) as anamorphic DVDs?
------------------
"But you have to remember that a worm, with very few exceptions, is not a human being." - Freddy

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
I have an original iScan "version 1" and it gives a sharper picture than the de-interlacer in my TV, the latter apparently simply interpolates intervening scan lines.
An iScan does a very good job of de-interlacing any video source and it also senses and optimizes the de-interlacing of 24 fps movie source (with 3/2 pulldown).
Almost all progressive scan TV's (needed for both progressive DVD players and iScan) have de-interlacing (doubling). If the TV also has 3/2 pulldown optimizing, you won't need an iScan.
Actually, before you buy an iScan, you should have seen something you don't like about the de-interlacer already in the TV when viewing LD's, something that the iScan is advertised as being good at curing. Better yet, see if you can borrow or audition an iScan.
Whether or not the DVD is "anamorphic" makes no difference, except: If your TV has the problem of being stuck in 16:9 mode when receiving a progressive scan input, the Pro model of the iScan has a compensating fix for that.
Other video hints:http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm
[Edited last by Allan Jayne on July 18, 2001 at 08:06 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks