What's new

no bass from htcp (1 Viewer)

DavidSeyba

Grip
Nobody has ever been able to fix this problem for me.

I have a creative audigy 2 connected to my yamaha rx-v530 with three RCA-y cables to the 6 channel input on my receiver. Yes, everything is hooked up correctly. My bass options in my creative software is all maxed, or near max. Ive tried different options. I have bass redirect on at the highest crossover frequency, and I have all my speakers set on my receiver to redirect bass to the subwoofer. Sub is a JBL S120P.

Please help, I feel like I wasted thousands of dollars on nothing.

Stephen Cook

Auditioning
David , I am not sure about this...but this could be a bass
management issue with your RX-V530 . . . if it's like most home theater surround amp/receivers ...they suffer from bass
management problems . . . maybe an Outlaw ICBM might help.

Good Luck... I'd try searching the archives for info on bass management...hope this helps.
Stephen

DavidSeyba

Grip
Simply put, I am not experienced or knowledgable on that subject to really know what I'm searching for and what will help me.

Any help is appreciated.

Apparantly the Outlaw ICBM is for digital sources? I use analog output for my computer.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I see you're using the analog outputs.

I too have a 5.1 card (Soundblaster 5.1 Live) and at first I was using the analog outputs as well, but you can only get 4.0 sound that way. The other outputs are for the microphone, and the last one is a digital output.

If I were you, I'd forget about the analog outputs altogether, and just use the single digital output. That's what I'm using now, and it works perfectly. I now am getting true 5.1 DD, and even DTS 5.1. It shows up properly on my receiver.

DavidSeyba

Grip
I tried hooking it up digitally, I never got sound, and I checked the right options in my Creative software. And 4.0? That doesn't make sense. It even says in the manual there is a front, surround, and center/sub jack on the card. My center works.

How do you have 5.1 on digital with the Creatives? EVERYBODY else says that isn't possible in games and DVDs.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor

I know what it says in the manual. I read mine over 50 times trying to get the damn thing to work, and it never did. I would be able to hook up front left/right & rear left/right OR I would be able to hook up front left/right & center/sub but never all three things at the same time, because it just wouldn't work.

At the time I tried all of this, I was using the creative software & drivers that came with the 5.1 card in Windows ME.

What I have done now, is formatted my computer, and instead of installing Windows ME, I am now using Windows XP (Professional).

Next, I did NOT install any of the creative drivers or software that came with the card. Instead, I let Windows XP find my card and use it's own drivers for it.

Then I went into the "Sound & Audio Devices" in the Control Panel. Went to "Advanced" and clicked on "Digital Output Only." Then closed the "Advanced" screen and clicked on the "Advanced Screen" of "Speaker Settings." I selected the option that I have 5.1 Surround Sound speakers.

THEN, I installed POWER DVD 5 and in the sound settings selected "USE SPDIF."

And whenever I play a DVD, it shows up as true 5.1 on my receiver. And, I even put it "Digital Video Essentials" to calibrate my receiver to the 5.1 sound output of the card, and it just so happened to be perfectly calibrated already (all speakers set to 75dB) from when calibrated the sound using my regular Sony DVD player (stand-alone player).

The bass is there, everything is there. You can hear all 5 speakers discretely, as well as the sub, just as you would if you had hooked up your regular DVD player to your receiver using a digital output such as Coax.

If you have done all of the above, then it should work perfectly for you. The only other thing I can think of, is that you might not be using the right cables going from the card, into the receiver. You'll need a 1/8th mini cord, that turns into an RCA at the other side of the cable. You plug the single RCA into the back of your receiver "Digital Input" and set one of your sources to use that input.

For example, on my receiver, since I don't have a receiver that says "Computer" on it, I used use a source I wasn't using at all. The one I used was "Satellite" since I don't have Satellite. Then I went into the receivers settings, and told it to use "Digital Coax Input 2" which is where I connected the cable running from the card into the receiver. "Digital Coax Input 1" is what I use for my regular DVD player.

So whenever I play a DVD from my computer, I just switch the receiver to "Satellite" and it starts playing the DVD with 5.1. And when a DVD is stereo only, it'll show up on my receiver as 2.0. It truly works.

I hope this helps....at least a little bit. It took me years (literally) to figure out how to make the damn card work properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks