What's new

*NIN: Closure* Finally coming to DVD!!! (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
According to DVD File , Trimark is releasing Nine Inch Nails Closure video to DVD in November. I've been waiting a long time to finally pick this video up. I refused to buy it on VHS, but have watched my friends copy a couple of times. It is a great video set and it will be a must buy for all NIN fans.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
this is too cool! Closure is a great video. i am with you though about not buying it on VHS.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I've almost picked up the VHS countless times; I thought I might never see it!
------------------
"We're trying to make a movie here, not a film!"

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i'm looking forward to this too, only i want 5.1 and i dont th ink that will happen. i'd LOVE some nin in 5.1, i think the downward spiral just begs to be done that way. and i know reznor could pull it off. i'm also looking forward to the fragility concert dvd that will have 5.1, it should be sweet to
------------------

Over at DVD Talk, I read this.
I've been informed by Trimark that the only addition to the DVD version of "Closure" is the new Dolby Digital 5.1 mix.

------------------
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. Wake up!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.
So face forward, with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... Are you ready to go?

Shane D

Supporting Actor
hmm, next question, who did the 5.1 mixes? someone trimark hired? or reznor? if not reznor then it just doesnt' seem right.
i do hope it was reznor, but i'm surrprised we've not heard anything about this at all until now, but have been hearing about fragility for a year now

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I do not have the laserdisc, but had heard that it came out. But I was never able to find a copy for sale, new or used.
I assumed it had been released; I may have made a bad assumption.
Regardless of the situation, I'm sure the actual masters for the stereo soundtrack used in the VHS release are KILLER, and they deserved to be released in uncompressed digital glory.
If this release only has DD5.1 and DD2.0, I will be sorely disappointed.

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
The LD never came out. It was in the works for a while but after this whole DVD thing happened it kinda fizzled. If I remember correctly a 5.1 Mix was being worked on for the disc. I was dying to get my hands on it but I believe it was just canned so they could work on the DVD option. I am so buying this when it comes out.
Alex
------------------
My DVD Collection

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
I too am unfamiliar with this one and no specs are yet listed. Is this a concert or a video collection? What tracks are included? Any info would be appreciated.

Steve jc

Agent
This is a 2-tape set. One tape has about an hours worth of unedited videos, everything up to "perfect drug". Tape 2 runs 1 1/4 hrs. and has documentary/live music footage, including some from the nin/bowie tour. It's a nice set and I'm sure I'll replace my vhs, but including the newer videos would have been a plus.

Here's the info from the '97 video. 11 Live tracks and 13 other "videos". I assume that at least all of this content will make it onto the DVD. Given other music releases... I suspect we'll also see 5.1 sound mixes on some of the content and perhaps some DVD style extras.
halo 12: closure [video, 1997]
part one: (live)
terrible lie
piggy
down in it
march of the pigs
the only time
sanctified
wish
hurt with david bowie
eraser
a warm place
something i can never have
part two:
head like a hole (directed by h-gun / eric zimmerman and ben stokes)
sin (directed by brett turnball)
down in it (directed by h-gun / eric zimmerman and ben stokes)
pinion (directed by eric and serge)
wish (directed by peter christopherson)
help me i'm in hell (directed by eric and serge)
happiness in slavery (directed by jonathan reiss)
gave up (directed by jonathan reiss)
march of the pigs (directed by peter christopherson)
erasure (live)
wish (live)
the perfect drug (directed by mark romanek)
closer (directed by mark romanek)
------------------
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. Wake up!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.
So face forward, with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... Are you ready to go?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks