What's new

Nightmare on elm street part 2 and 3 double feature blu ray, any chance of this being released by Wa (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
There probably would be zero chance of seeing this anytime soon , if they dont release this by the end of the year, to tie in with the remakes blu release.So what do you guys think , any chance ???

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I think its going to sell well, after all its been a huge seller on all previous dvd releases.So why wouldnt the blu ray not sell well????Hopefully its the same transfer, as the out of print canada blu.Anyway, the big question here is, if they already remastered the sequels for blu ray, or else forget about it for this year.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Its really a shame Warner didnt release any of the sequels to blu ray this month. I hope they dont make us wait till October 2011.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
No, no..any Elm Street sequel re-release would need to be completely reworked, otherwise why bother: new transfers of uncut versions, director commentaries, behind-the-scenes footage, the works. Anything less would be pointless and unacceptable. Come on, how can they neglect a series of films that literally put them on the map? There wouldn't be a New Line Cinema if it weren't for Freddy Krueger.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
There is no longer a New Line Cinema, as it was absorbed into Warner last year. I can totally see parts 2 & 3 being done as a double feature on BD, as thatmay be the only way to get the universally hated Part 2 onto collector's shelves.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Since the posts before this one, A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) and Part 3: Dream Warriors (1987) are being released as a two movie feature Blu-ray tomorrow. Extras-wise, Part 2 has four featurettes and a theatrical trailer, and Part 3 has seven featurettes, a music video and a theatrical trailer. Details are on the rear boxart (on Amazon.com's pre-order listing page for the Blu-ray title).

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Nightmare 3 is my fav Elm St film after the original, of course. 2 has it's merits. I'm looking forward to this release very much. Not much talk about it over the net, though. It would've been ideal for Warner/New Line to release a complete set of the entire series but I actually prefer these double features. There's a lot of stuff out there I still need to grab and another fancy box set would be cost-prohibitive for me right now.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Out of these two sequels in the Elm Street franchise, Freddy's Revenge is the one I would getting the Blu-ray to see. After that film the only other sequel in the series I really liked was New Nightmare (1994). Wasn't much a fan of the gooey, stretchy effects in Parts 3-6 (one example being the 'tendons' scene in Part 3). It was hard to see what was going on at times as well, when watching the VHS releases of The Dream Master, The Dream Child and Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I love the original but I think New Nightmare is even better. The third one is pretty good and while I don't think the second movie is good, it is interesting because there's no other mainstream horror movie like it. The rest of the series ranges from OK to lousy.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
TravisR said:
while I don't think the second movie is good, it is interesting because there's no other mainstream horror movie like it.
I've never seen any of the Nightmare movies but I'm intrigued by this statement. Care to expand on what you mean?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
cafink said:
I've never seen any of the Nightmare movies but I'm intrigued by this statement. Care to expand on what you mean?
It's a very homoerotic movie. Considering that the movie is from 1985 and was primarily aimed at a straight male teen to early 20's horror audience (Freddy mania didn't really hit until Nightmare 3), there's no other movie like it. People will disagree with me but I think the homoeroticism was accidental rather than the movie makers wanting to make a statement but either way, it makes for a more interesting sequel than most of the Nightmares. By the way, watch the first one.

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
TravisR said:
People will disagree with me but I think the homoeroticism was accidental rather than the movie makers wanting to make a statement
There's no way in HELL the gay "subtext" in Freddy's Revenge was unintentional. The movie practically rubs your face in it. Not that there's anything wrong with that... ;)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
People will disagree with me but I think the homoeroticism was accidental rather than the movie makers wanting to make a statement but either way, it makes for a more interesting sequel than most of the Nightmares.
I think in the "Never Sleep Again" documentary, the filmmakers claim that they were not actively aware of the gay connotations. Still, it seems awful coincidental especially since the guy who played Jesse is openly gay in real life. Cool to see that the BD apparently does carry extras, although, my guess is it's recycled material from the Never Sleep again doc.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I don't think I've ever seen Never Sleep Again, but according to Wikipedia it was intentional on the part of the writer but everyone else was unaware. Looking at dallies or even the script, I'm not sure how anyone connected with the production wouldn't have seen the gay/bisexual themes, even in 1985. My best guess is no one who actually has a Hollywood career right now will admit to it. Wait another 10 years.

The first time I saw Freddy's Revenge was part of the Nightmare Collection DVD set. The blatant (to me) gay storyline always felt off, like it was shoehorned in for some reason. I can't get more specific than that. Maybe I'll grab this double bill this weekend and give it a whirl.

I hope this sells well enough for Warner to finish the series this way and for Paramount to finish the Friday the 13th series.

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Movies 1 through 7 are being released in a boxed set region free by WB in UK on 17th October!!! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nightmare-Street-Blu-ray-Region-Free/dp/B0058N2T3K/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1317294062&sr=1-1 http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=227;12;-1;-1;-1&sku=272880#anchorSynopsis

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks