What's new

Nickelodeon MOD: How did they screw up so bad? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
The Nickelodeon shows released through Amazon's CreateSpace should be used as an example of how NOT to do MOD. I defy even the most ardent MOD supporter to defend what Nickelodeon has done with their shows on Amazon.

You think the Warner Archive is overpriced? Compared to the Nick shows, the TV shows and cartoons are practically at liquidation prices there. And THEN, Virtually none of the shows are complete. Doug and Angry Beavers missing episodes, Rocko's Modern Life seasons are split in two for no reason other than pure price-gouging, and most of the rest are incomplete "Best-of" sets. And now, The Wild Thornberries, Catdog and Aaahh!!! Real Monsters are being finished before Rugrats, on the eve of that show's 20th anniversary yet.

How did Nickelodeon fuck this up so badly? Do they just hate their older shows? Why couldn't Shout! or Media Blasters swoop in to handle them?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
How did Nickelodeon fuck this up so badly? Do they just hate their older shows? Why couldn't Shout! or Media Blasters swoop in to handle them?

Well, Nick is owned by Paramount. Paramount usually doesn't play well with others when it comes to licensing stuff out. And, their history of music edits and such is an example of how much they care about releasing complete shows.

And let's not forget Ren and Stimpy, and Beavis and Butthead, both of which suffered from pointless edits.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
Now they're doing Angry Beavers. And they're not even complete seasons. And where's Rugrats?

To is NO way to sugarcoat this. Nickelodeon has fucked up this whole program. They fucked it up royally. Even Warner Bros. hasn't totally fucked up their MOD releases, but Nickelodeon has. Nickelodeon sucks.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by The Obsolete Man

And let's not forget Ren and Stimpy, and Beavis and Butthead, both of which suffered from pointless edits.

The edits to Beavis and Butt-head were at Mike Judge's request.

Shout! has a deal with CBS/Paramount to release Webster and possibly others (none have been announced), but I'm guessing that only applies to former Paramount titles which are under CBS Corp's control, and Nick is part of Viacom.

I'm surprised that there are no Rugrats sets. Back in the day that show was almost as big as SpongeBob SquarePants.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Some people do it more often in their language than in real life.

You're free to consider this a hint.

Cees

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
All Right. I'll try again:

For putting out ridiculously expensive, incomplete sets of some of my favorite shows and leaving others hanging, Nickelodeon's executives are a bunch of MEAN OL' STINKY DOO-DOO HEADS!!

Let us mince words and thank Viacom Oliver Twist-style for putting out substandard DVD's that fail to meet even the most basic standards set by their competitors,shielding them from mean criticism all the way. After all, oversized faceless multinational conglomerates have feelings too.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
I'm surprised that there are no Rugrats sets. Back in the day that show was almost as big as SpongeBob SquarePants.

That's absolutely right and that makes Viacom's screw-ups more infuriating.

A roomful of monkeys could have put together better DVD sets for these old Nickelodeon shows than the whoever Nick and Amazon put on this task.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
So, the Catdog and Wild Thornberries seasons have been de-listed for no readily apparent reason, as has Season 3 of Hey Arnold.

Who the hell is running this? Monkeys? Why has the blame incompetence plagued these shows. Nickelodeon sucks.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Kevin Martinez

So, the Catdog and Wild Thornberries seasons have been de-listed for no readily apparent reason, as has Season 3 of Hey Arnold.

Who the hell is running this? Monkeys? Why has the blame incompetence plagued these shows. Nickelodeon sucks.

Perhaps Wild Thornberries and Catdog have been de-listed because of this...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wild-Thornberrys-Season-1/15029

Shout is releasing Wild Thornberries on proper DVDs, with more shows to come.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
I'm interested in this. If this is the start of a contract between Nick and Shout!, could we see other stuff beyond MOD? Perhaps Hey Dude or Spartakus and the Sun Beneath The Sea?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks