What's new

NFL 2K3 delayed, possibly retitled. . . (1 Viewer)

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
i hate warren sapp.
regardless, i thought that Urlacher was signed on for like 3 years or something
Ditto about Sapp. Legal hit or not, he showed no class following his hit on Clifton last season. It pained me a couple of years ago to buy a game with Moss on the cover, and now it will pain me to buy one with Sapp on the cover. Urlacher, at least as far as I know, is not a dirty player.

I am guessing they can get out of the contract to have Urlacher on the cover because it is no longer the same game (name-wise anyhow).

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Release dates for the game are currently hovering around July 30. Would be nice if it is a decent finished product by then.

Does anyone know if 2k4 will still be part of the name? Like ESPN Football 2k4 or something like that?

Brandon_S

Second Unit
I sure hope they put 2k4 somewhere in the name. There is some cover art up at the moment that has Sapps face taking up the whole box. It looks terrible IMO. Here is a link:

http://cstarr.freewebspace.com/ESPNF...l2K4_cover.jpg

Hopefully this is just temp art and they will have something better by the time the game ships. It is gonna scare me everytime I pull this game off the shelf!

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
Here's my official Sapp Hater Club Membership application.

So, the first good idea by the new "ESPN" brand, dump the old likable coverboy who was only on the cover for one season, and then sign an obviously dispised jackass to replace him. Obviously the move won't make or break the 2k3/ESPN brand, but I'm sure they'd find it a bit disheartening to find that the Sapp coverboy thing does make many of us sick. They've obviously miss judged his popularity.

I know, I know, there are gonna be Sapp fanboys out there, but there's no denying they've gone with a less liked individual.

Changing the subject, I sure do hope the ESPN brand continues the 2k3 level of excellence, because the competition with them, EA and Microsoft has been good for us gamers. :emoji_thumbsup:

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Nah, it was a joke. Either way I will be picking this up for x-box because of voice communication. Last years version was good in my opinion but there were a few gameplay flaws that really made the game frustrating for me.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Yeah I agree there were some flaws in 2k3. I guess with any sports game there are so many variables to take into account that flaws of some type are inevitable. From everything I have read it sounds like Sega has taken a lot of these problems into consideration and addressed most of them. I can't wait to jump on Live with this title! :D

Brandon_S

Second Unit
James,

As far as I know only first party Microsoft titles will support XSN. I hope this changes in the future.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I believe that is correct. The games that will support XSN are

Fever 2004
Amped 2
Top Spin Tennis(O man I can't wait!!)
Links 2004
Inside Drive 2004

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Sapp fanboys? I think it is more en vouge to jump on the I Hate Sapp bandwagon lately.

How he can even be compared to a scumbag like Moss is beyond me.

The hit was legal, he didn't know the man was hurt, it was unfortunate.
I wished he would have decked Crying Sherman and gave Packer fans a real reason to hate the guy.

Anyway, that won't be the cover. It looks like a horrible Photoshop job. No way would they release a game without some sort of NFL merchandise on the cover (football, uniform, etc.)

It is all mute to me anyway. I'm forced to buy Madden on the PS2 thanks to EA and Microsoft's thick skulls.

I may pick up 2k4 (I hated 2k3) if it drops in price again.

Doug

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
The hit was legal, he didn't know the man was hurt, it was unfortunate.
The man was lying immobile on the field for how long, and he didn't know he was hurt? Ok....

Once he found out how badly he had hurt Clifton, any decent person would have visited the hospital (in Tampa) or at least called to check up on him. Not Sapp...

It was a pathetic, needless hit, nowhere near the play. He was simply trying to take someone out of the game who had been stopping him at the line all day. I credit Sherman for standing up for his players like that. Sapp came off as a loser, basically saying, "Put on a uniform and I'll take you out too."

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand... I look forward to this game. It is a much more challenging game than Madden.

P.S. It's "moot", not "mute"... ;)

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
I'm late to this thread, but I believe changing the name WILL help.... unless people remember the older ESPN games that just bite!

I just got an xbox and was looking for NHL 2003 and kept finding the sega version 2K3 instead. I couldn't find 2003 from EA anywhere so I gave up. Now after reading so much about them, I found out 2K3 is actually better! From the cover art and back description I didn't even want to try it, I've always thought EA rocked (they did on PC). But now I find out Sega actually makes a game more realistic and more fun to play!

If it was named ESPN I probably would have gave it more thought at first, the crappy cover art and "Sega" just didn't do it for me.... remembering back to the old sega system days :)

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Well I won't change this to a bash Sapp thread. Trust me, as someone who lives in the TB area, he is no prize. But, he isn't, and never has been seen as a cheap shot artist.
This is one incident, so let's not label him for that. If it continues, then he is fair game.
And yes, he should have visited Clifton in the hospital (he was in Tampa all week). It would have been the class thing to do.

I also think I'm going to eat some crow, apparently, that is the cover! No NFL or team logos? How about a Bucs helmet on there somewhere? I wouldn't know it was a football title if I didn't know that was Sapp.

This thing is going to sell like a dog to non-NFL2k? fans.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks