What's new

New Foo Fighters album to be DualDisc (1 Viewer)

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
My big problem with copy protected CDs isn't so much the protection. I use a Mac which makes it trivial in the first place to do so, and none of them are hard to crack. My problem with it is that even if I do crack it, the recording company doesn't know I've done so. They just see a sale of a copy protected disc and think it's a format the general public will accept. Crackable or not, I don't want them to get the idea that this crap is acceptable, so I refuse to buy any album with copy protection on it. It's not something I want to support, or even give the impression of support, even if I hack it the moment I get home.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
This marks the first true DVD-A release from SonyBMG. I guess there goes the theory that Sony will never put out a DVD-A.

J

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I think it's ridiculous that I can't *easily* burn a copy of this disc to have a back up even though I paid for it. Usually what I do is burn a copy for my car (where it gets scratched up, etc.) and keep the original at the house. I guess those days are gone...

***EDIT - found the analysis of this copy-protection = :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks