What's new

New Eagles Music (1 Viewer)

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone excited about new music from the Eagles? Downloaded the new single from the Apple Music store.... not exactly Hotel California, but these days I'll take anything new that doesn't have a hip hop sound. Not that hip hop is bad just us "oldies" still need some new music now and then. Does anyone know why Don Felder was fired from the Eagles? I really hate to see another original from the group not there for a new CD. Kinda dissapointed that Christine McVie is not really a part of the new Fleetwood Mac CD, which in my opinion is pretty mediocre.

TomCW

Second Unit

I agree with you Jerry! I've followed FM for years, and this new CD doesn't do much for me. I too miss Christine's songwriting and vocals. I think this CD was just put out to make some quick $$$.
Tom

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I just got the new single after I went to the concert the other night and learned it was out. The CD is titled "Hole In the World Tonite" and comes with a DVD too! Sells for $7.99 @ B.B. The full album won't be out until 04' but the single is very good, IMHO. The DVD has the single's video in 5.1! Which sounds great too, BTW.

Along the same lines:

I just saw the Eagles in NEW ORLEANS, I paid $75 a seat and was 4 rows from the floor. The floor seats were $150 each and I could have gotten those but did not. Not to change the subject but the show was so GOOD I would have paid $150 to sit where I did, it was that great!
This makes my 4th Eagles concert, the first was the Long Run tour, this was the best hi-tech, widescreen, digital age show I have ever seen. They started @ 8:20pm and after the 3rd encore they walked off @ 11:40pm!
I will continue to go and see them!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
I agree with you Jerry! I've followed FM for years, and this new CD doesn't do much for me. I too miss Christine's songwriting and vocals. I think this CD was just put out to make some quick $$$.
Ya know, I wasn't too impressed after my first listen to the CD. I thought that there were only 3 or 4 good songs, and the rest was filler.

After a few more listens I've come to appreciate Say You Will alot more. There are around 10 or 11 songs that I really like. Had the CD only contained around 12 songs, it would be considered much better than it actually is. Sometimes less is more.

That said, it would've been nice to have Christine McVie in on this one - but I think they did an admirable job without her.

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
The members of FM begged Christine to be a part of the new effort but she just couldn't be talked into it.

I am with Marc on this one. If the best 10 to 12 songs had been included only, it would be a stronger release. Still, I don't find myself skipping that many songs but instead, play this as a 2 cd set almost. Play half then play something else. Christine does sing background vocals I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks