New Eagles Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by JerryLA, May 30, 2003.

1. JerryLA

JerryLA Stunt Coordinator

Anyone excited about new music from the Eagles? Downloaded the new single from the Apple Music store.... not exactly Hotel California, but these days I'll take anything new that doesn't have a hip hop sound. Not that hip hop is bad just us "oldies" still need some new music now and then. Does anyone know why Don Felder was fired from the Eagles? I really hate to see another original from the group not there for a new CD. Kinda dissapointed that Christine McVie is not really a part of the new Fleetwood Mac CD, which in my opinion is pretty mediocre.

2. TomCW

TomCW Second Unit

I agree with you Jerry! I've followed FM for years, and this new CD doesn't do much for me. I too miss Christine's songwriting and vocals. I think this CD was just put out to make some quick $$$.
    Tom

3. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    I just got the new single after I went to the concert the other night and learned it was out. The CD is titled "Hole In the World Tonite" and comes with a DVD too! Sells for $7.99 @ B.B. The full album won't be out until 04' but the single is very good, IMHO. The DVD has the single's video in 5.1! Which sounds great too, BTW.

Along the same lines:

I just saw the Eagles in NEW ORLEANS, I paid $75 a seat and was 4 rows from the floor. The floor seats were $150 each and I could have gotten those but did not. Not to change the subject but the show was so GOOD I would have paid $150 to sit where I did, it was that great!
    This makes my 4th Eagles concert, the first was the Long Run tour, this was the best hi-tech, widescreen, digital age show I have ever seen. They started @ 8:20pm and after the 3rd encore they walked off @ 11:40pm!
    I will continue to go and see them![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

5. Jagan Seshadri

Jagan Seshadri Supporting Actor

Felder got fired? I checked into it and found this.

-JNS

6. Charles Gurganus

Charles Gurganus Supporting Actor

The members of FM begged Christine to be a part of the new effort but she just couldn't be talked into it.

I am with Marc on this one. If the best 10 to 12 songs had been included only, it would be a stronger release. Still, I don't find myself skipping that many songs but instead, play this as a 2 cd set almost. Play half then play something else. Christine does sing background vocals I believe.