What's new

New DVD's Street Dates! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The first is a kid's show, and a fave of my wife's. The other 3 are classic war films. I certainly am interested in #4, since it's going to be 16x9!!! :)
  • 10/30 Dot and the Kangaroo
  • 11/06 Guadalcanal Diary
  • 11/06 Halls of Montezuma
  • 11/06 Patton - Special Edition

Cool, eh? All info comes from Image Entertainment's site. Have a great labor day!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

[Edited last by David Lambert on September 01, 2001 at 02:07 PM]

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Ummm...
There already is a Patton:SE, and it's already anamorphic.
Could this date represent a price drop?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
You're referring to this one, right?
6305622930.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

I have this one. I forgot it's anamorphic, since the box doesn't mention that it is. But now that you mention it, I recall after it came out everyone said, "Hey! Surprise! This in anamorphic!".
But the old one is UPC Code #0 86162 12579 9; $24.98
The new title is showing UPC#0 24543 02634 1; $19.98, per Image Entertainment. No cover scan there, so I can't tell for sure that it is a different one. I assumed it was, but now that you mention it is showing the exact same supplements.
So I guess you're right, and it's the same one with a price drop. I wonder why the different UPC code, though...that's what convinced me it was new (plus 16x9, which isn't new after all).
Sorry...my bad!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Fox has released a series "War Films" usually around Memorial Day or Veterans Day the last couple of years and this coming Veterans Day is no different. Also, announced for released on November 6th is the following titles:
[*]Young Lions[*]Wing and A Prayer[*]Von Ryan's Express (re-release)[*]Twelve O'Clock High (re-release)[*]The Longest Day (re-release)[*]Thin Red Line (re-release)
Well, since I already own all the re-releases, I'm going to pick up "Halls of Montezuma", "Guadacanal Diary", "Young Lions", and "Wing and a Prayer". All excellent WWII films! I'm like a pig in "you know what". There's no better news for any classic film buff then to hear about release dates on such movie titles. Thank you Fox and here's hoping for future releases of these "War Films" owned by Fox:
[*]The Immortal Sergeant[*]Crash Dive[*]A Walk in the Sun[*]Lifeboat
Crawdaddy
------------------

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey, Marc...revisiting that Patton deal. With help from the VideoTropic web site, I found out that Image is listed the old UPC code as "Patton (Special Edition/ Old Version) Discontinued DVD ", and then separately has a "new release" listing for "Patton (Special Edition) 11/06/2001 DVD". The one listed as discontinued contains the cover art I show in my previous post, while the new listing shows no picture at all.
It might after all be the same item with a new UPC code, by then why the elaborate process? Something smells fishy here!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It might after all be the same item with a new UPC code, by then why the elaborate process? Something smells fishy here!
David,
Judging from past experiences regarding Fox, I seriously doubt the re-release of "Patton" will have a new transfer. The previous dvd release was so good, I can't think of a good business case why Fox will go ahead with costly expenses to do another transfer. Especially, with so many other unreleased Fox catelogue films needing new transfers before being release on dvd.
Crawdaddy
------------------

Geo Gabor

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if the Longest Day re-release will be anamorphic? I have my fingers and toes crossed.

Ruben Zamora

Stunt Coordinator
Was it more or did the Patton:SE have terrible sound transfer. On my system it almost sounded real static.
------------------
Ruben Zamora
Onkyo TX-575X
Pioneer DV-333

YANG

Screenwriter
Isn't VON RYAN EXPRESS just released some months ago?PATTON gets a re-release?With whats in?THIN RED LINE...anything in this re-release new?
"...something's fishy here..."
Thats what i have in mind too,maybe this upcoming re-release is a WW2 boxset of these 3 movies consist of a new edition of the PATTON,with the DTS release of TTRL and the previously released VRE.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Patton sounds great on my end. There is no need for a re-release, the current disc is perfect
Jeff Kleist

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Dot and the Kangaroo? Holy Crap, I havent seen that since like....1982.
Am I really that old???
frown.gif

------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks