What's new

New Denon turntable at Crutchfield (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I was looking for a single-disc CD player over at Crutchfield when I came across this new Denon turntable.....

While Denon has a long tradition with turntables and cartridges, it's great to see a mainstream manufacturer to continue support for vinyl playback equipment.

Denon DP-500MX

John Watson

Screenwriter
Very nice, says its direct drive; does that mean belt free?

Too bad nice appearance isn't a concern for the other Denon sharp-edged black boxes I've been looking at...

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Yes, direct drive = no belts. I've got a Denon direct drive turntable that I paid about $300 for maybe 10 years ago. It still runs but you can hear the motor. :frowning: I'd love to buy that one to replace mine. :)

John Watson

Screenwriter
It's very pricey, and the cartridge is extra!

I have a circa 1983 Technics turntable with direct drive, linear tracking cartridge, and a decent degree of auto - shut-off, repeat-play. It has a neat small profile.

I'm sure a contemporary version of that would sell well (for those who want a turntable, and aren't fanatics :)), but it seems our society can't remember how to do such things. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks