What's new

New Denon DVD5900 (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I heard 2 years ago that Denon was going to do 2 pre/pros: one very expensive and "elite" quality, and one more reasonably priced. I guess I'm not holding my breath. ;)

Man, I continue to hope like a lot of you, that the 5900 is in the $1500 range (street price)... (Too bad there's no emoticon for "crossed fingers" :) ) But I also hope that Pioneer gets a clue and does a heavy duty Elite player too like the old 37...

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Yeah I got the dv-38a supposedly bad it's for PS but great for audio and it has awesome build quality with copper sheilding, r-core transformers and what I thought was real cool was a a little 1 inch copper fence separating the left ch dac and op-amp from the right ch dac and op-amp. The current 47ai isn't even close in BQ. Pioneer is supposed to come out with the 59AVI it should have everything the 5900 has except DenonLink and maybe the BNC connectors It should also use the same deinterlacer chip. I'll just wait to see who's the cheapest but I might get the Elite since it'll match my 49TXi.

Daniel Smith

John Geelan

Screenwriter
This is good news. I need a solid Universal Player that can do DVI and this one is on the list.

I would have picked up a 2900 but I want that DVI output.

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
6 12bit/216MHz video DACs?! Ouch! It wasn't that long ago that 10bit/27MHz DACs were standard and 12bit/54MHz DACs were the best. Now this thing's 4X as fast! Mind boggling...

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
DanSmi- I imagine that that Pioneer's 59avi (?) would have the i-link that the 47ai already has. I guess we can hope for DVI too. Something to look forward too... :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I'm still waiting for someone to put out a high end machine with pixel level scaling. Why is that so hard?

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Kevin yes the 59AVI will have DVI and i.Link I hope it backlight buttons on the remote though.

Daniel Smith

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
DanSmi- I have to ask... ;) Any links? Or you know from a person at Pioneer? Dealer? Through the grapevine? ...

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I heard this from Josh Lehman otherwise known as DocDVD a well known and respected person on this forum. He's sortof a middle man and can get you good deals on products from authorized dealers at almost online prices with warranty. I've never known him to be wrong and he's been talking about th 59AVi for about a year. Plus it'd be dumb for Pioneer not to include if their direct competitor will have it.

Daniel Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks