What's new

Magnetar's New Flagship UDP900 Universal BD Disc Player/Streaming Device (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Just got a lot of new information on Magnetar's new UDP900. Here's just two items of info:

The MSRP is $2,999, and expected launch date is the week of June 26th and possibly sooner.

Here's the link to our UDP900 webpage with more info and new pictures. I also have pictures of Magnetar's UDP900 at HighEnd 2023 Munich show.

compson

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Just got a lot of new information on Magnetar's new UDP900. Here's just two items of info:

The MSRP is $2,999, and expected launch date is the week of June 26th and possibly sooner.

Here's the link to our UDP900 webpage with more info and new pictures. I also have pictures of Magnetar's UDP900 at HighEnd 2023 Munich show.
Your webpage says for two-channel, the player uses the Burr-Brown DACs found in the UDP800, but Magnetar’s site says the new player uses ESS9038PROs:

Do the DACs vary by country, or is this just a matter of needing to update the product description? Thanks

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'd feel a lot more comfortable if the reviews, and user manual for Magnetar, and Reavon players were up front explaining all the features of the player. If the features set isn't explained in entirety, it isn't worth my time guessing.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
@ compson, thanks for pointing this out!

I'll check with my Magnetar technical contact and correct if necessary and I'll get back here with what they tell me.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Just got an update that Magnetar's UDP900 very first allocation/shipment will arrive at our store next week.

I'll immediately be putting two on display/demo. One in our suite of 14 Cinema Demo Rooms that will send the lossless signal with the full 48 GBPS via AVPro's HDMI Matrix switch. The 2nd display/demo unit will go in our main A/V Showroom that has 16 of the new 2023 TVs.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
We just received magnetar's very first allocation of their new flagship UDP900 Universal Disc Players!

I'm taking one home to set-up in our home theater room and we just setup one in our suite of 15 Cinema Demo Rooms.

Magnetar's UDP900 design and build quality are Ultra Premium as are the features and performance.

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1440x1080.
IMG_2804-scaled.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 810x1080.
Magnetar-UDP900-10-pieces-scaled.jpg

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Well, this video was very, very convenient. Thank you Shane Lee for the detailed review.
Looking to throw some money at it and in the process of gathering things to sell on E-Bay to order one of these ASAP.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure what the point of this video was. He could have gone so much deeper than the first video, and yet.."it plays all types of discs". What a waste of 15 minutes:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks