What's new

New car recommendation? (1 Viewer)

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
I'd at least recommend a Honda Civic EX sedan--the 2003 model is a very nice car with good horsepower and quite roomy inside for such a small vehicle.

The 2003 Toyota Corolla LE is a good alternate, though I do have some reservations about its space in the back seat.

If you can get a 2003 Accord LX under US$20,000, go for it! :D I've driven the automatic version and the car has surprisingly impressive pep for a four-cylinder car, and its interior space and trunk are quite roomy.

If you're willing to pay up to US$22,000 and are willing to wait a few months, get the upcoming 2004 Toyota Prius. That car is almost as roomy interior-wise as the current Toyota Camry, has decent acceleration, and gets fuel economy that is supposed to be well over 50 miles per US gallon! :emoji_thumbsup:

Devin U

Second Unit
And VWs dealer customer service is consistently badmouthed, even by VW diehards.
Hahahah. I have kind of a unusual last name. About once a month, ill get asked if I know a guy named Dave with the same last name. I dont, but it turns out he is a a**hole who is a salesman at a local VW dealership. One cashier who asked me about it said she was currently suing him for sexual harassment when she tried to buy a car.

Back to the subject, I just bought a Mitsubishi Galant. got a 2002 with about 25k on it for 10k. So far, we like it. My wife did some looking around, and she liked it.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I have a Honda Civic LX which I just love. I wanted something compact, so I was considering either that or the Corolla. When I test drove the Corolla, I didn't care too much for the "feel" of it, and the interior has a much "cheaper" feel to me than the Civic.

My friend has an Accord, and I admit you can instantly feel the different, smoother ride -- a given with a larger body, I suppose. As Justin said, I'd probably get used to the size quickly, but a larger car is really not necessary for me.

Good luck! :)

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator
I 2nd the RSX. I just got mine a month ago but I got the Type-S version which 200HP, a 6-speed manual tranny, a tighter suspension, and a 6-disc in dash CD changer. The leather was standard. All the gauges glow red at night which are not only beautiful, but less straining on your eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks