What's new

Need Tech Help: Audio Problems with ONKYO TX-SR501 Reciever (1 Viewer)

Seam Dempsy

Stunt Coordinator
My brother recently bought a refursbished ONKYO TX-SR501 off of ecost.com and was disappotined to find that every few minutes the audio cuts out for just a second or two then comes back on. Its does this constantly never ceasing. Now, is this a common problem or a simple one that could be fixed easy? Or should he contact ONKYO to see if it could be repaired? Thanks.

Jake K

Stunt Coordinator
Does this happen with different sources? I listen to the Music Choice channels on DirecTV and lately some of them have been doing the exact same thing you described.

Jake K

Stunt Coordinator
ok, then I have no idea what is wrong. :) :frowning:

It could be defective.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Using both analog and digital connection? Or just digital? I think he has a bad cable or something wrong.

Could be defective. I had no issues with the two I recently installed.

All speakers work great all the time, during calibration?

sandy

Auditioning
Seam,

Based on what I have read, the most probable casue of this is defective cable,speakers.

Also, does this happen on low volume too ? or only when you crank it up ?

Seam Dempsy

Stunt Coordinator
He does have old speakers but they work fine with his old reciever in place. And it was happening on a reasonable voume level. Nothing really high or low. The cables he just bought.

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
I had the same issue with the same reciever. It was my fault though - some of my exposed speaker cable was touching other speaker cable. Tighten up your connections and make sure there are no shorts. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks