What's new

Need some info on Dual Banana Plugs... (1 Viewer)

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I asked this before this section went the way of the Dodo..(due to the crash...)
I have a source for good pricing on monster dual banana plugs but before I by 5 packs for my system I would like to know if they will fit these binding posts.
JBL S series speakers and a HK AVR-65.
or are the Radio Shack Gold-plated dual banana plug 278-308
Radio Shack states a 3/4" spacing can someone check this compaired to the monster dual banana plug since monster has no info like that on their website from what I could find.
Thanks in advance,

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you, very much.

This is what I was looking to find out.

Now I can pick up a set at radio shack and see if it fit my equipment.

Again thank you.

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
A bit of an update since last time I posted . . .

Picked up two Radio Shack Dual Banana Plugs over the past week. Going to return one set, see below for reason.

Well they do fit and also don't fit. They do not fit on the H/K AVR-65 receiver but do fit on the JBL S Series speakers.

What is strange is the dual banana plugs fit across on the receiver from red (+)pos. to red (+)pos. binding posts but not up and down from red(+)pos. to black(-)neg. binding posts? I think this is a really bad design on the H/K unit . . . but that is just my opinion.

Well so now ill use the dual bananas on my speakers and single bananas on the receiver end of the speaker wires.

Again thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread or the old thread before the crash.

Jereme D

Stunt Coordinator
They fit on my receiver (pioneer vsx-d850s) the same way. I thought that that is kind of strange, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks