What's new

Need some help setting up HK AVR 525 (OSD Issue) (1 Viewer)

Jay Shuit

Auditioning
Hi guys, getting really frustrated here! I just did a move and hooked up my HK. Everything seems to be working fine with the exception that the OSD doesn't appear to be sending a signal to the Samsung 55" DLP. As far as I can see it is fairly simple. The Monitor out on the back of the AVR has two sources of output... S cable and video out. I have tried both outputs into the AV1 and AV2 on the back of the TV and nothing is working. The TV recognizes that it is hooked up to a "AV Receiver" but it just doesn't seem that the HK is sending a signal. Everything worked fine before the move so I'm really confused!!! This is a real bummer since I need to calibrate my speakers! HK CS is usless. I called some guy in India and he said to take it to my local HK dealer for repairs!:eek:

Jay Shuit

Auditioning
I finally gave up. Something is wrong with the unit. Got a Denon 2112 to replace it and I am amazed at the difference.

Jay Shuit

Auditioning
Well, the only reason it was more or less being recognized is because I actually named that particular input to A/V Receiver on the TV a couple of years ago (I just forgot I did this). To be honest, this must of been a message from upstairs... either something was wrong with the HK from the start or this new Denon is that much more superior. I haven't been this happy with the sound coming from my system as I have since I hooked up this 2112! Plus, if you're a fan of Rush the 2112 is a no brainer...LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks