What's new

Need new speaker advice (1 Viewer)

Evan_Haas

Grip
This is my first post, hope you guys can help me. Ok, I got a broken Sony DA-777ES receiver from my cousin. It's at least a $1500 reciever that was shorted out from a lightning strike. So I brought it to a repair shop and they fixed it for $200, nice deal huh? So first of all, I'm a college studet, and you know how we are with money, so keep that in mind. I need some speakers for this thing. I was looking around, and here are some models i was considering. The Acoustic Research AR S20, Infinity IL10, JBL S38, Polk RT55, and JBL S26. Right now I'm leaning towards the JBL S38. The 8" low end is appleaing. It's supposed to be a horizontal speaker, but would I really notice a difference if I put them vertical? Keep in mind I'm not a audiophile, I just like good music. So let me know what you think of all those speakers, or any other suggestions of advice you think of. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks