What's new

Need info/reviews/experiences with PIONEER CLD-1010 LD Player (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Hi, my dad found a Pioneer CLD-1010 LaserDisc player in the classifieds for $80 CAD, and i want to get some general information on it.
I know it doesnt have Svideo, but i heard that the comb filters in the new TVs are superior to the ones in the old LD Players, so Svideo isnt necessary.
Does it have optical output? If i get it, i may try to find some DTS-LD titles on ebay or something. DO you think its owrth buying a LD Player for $80 without optical?
How does it perform? I read a short review at http://www.oz.net/blam/LaserDisc/CLD-1010.htm and it sounds pretty good.. Anybody have any experiences with it?

Lou Balch

Auditioning
Hi, I've had my 1010 since 1988. It was actually the very first LD/CD combi unit available. Think I paid almost $700 for it. Still runs great. Built like a tank (before they all turned to plastic). No, does not have S-video or digital outputs, but sound and picture are excellent. Thought about picking up a used LD with digital out, but what with the release of PL2 all my old LDs get a new lease on life, which saves me a considerable amount of money, since I won't be tempted to replace all 150 titles any time soon. If it's in good shape it's a steal for $80CND.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks