What's new

Need help with speaker wire for dual 39+SVS!! (1 Viewer)

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
I am about to order some speaker wire from bestbuy.com because I have $100 gift card from them. I need to know what kind of speaker wire to get. I was planning on the monster XP or the "Original" which one would be better...is there a big difference between them? I think the XP is 12 gauge not sure about the "original" might be 10g. I am also going to put the monster banana plugs on each end. One of the runs needs to be like 12-15' the other can be as short as 5'...should I keep the lengths the same or will that make a difference???

Thanks

Mark

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Rajeek.

12 Ga is the way to go. 10 Ga won't do any better. Some will say screw the difference in length, but I'm a symmetry guy. Id keep them the same.

Also, you may have an issue with banana plugs fitting into the SVS's jacks, unless they're different from the CS, or you have PC's coming...gotta use 90 degree plugs on the CS or bare wire or spades.

- CM

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Yup,

Gotta be bare wire or very large spades on the sub end. Our Better Cables wire sets for the CS line use spades so if they are large enough they are fine.

Bare wire ALWAYS works though.

Ron

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
Humm ok so I will probably have to do the bare wire rout...I have the 39cs+ comming....but the bananas will plug into the back of the Samson amp right???? Are spades better than bare wire or the same??? and how BIG do you mean??
Thanks everyone ;)

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
Mark-

I'm using 12ga bare on my CS-Ultra, and have no complaints. The bananas will work in the back of the Samson, yes.

Congrats on the purchase, by the way.

Andy

Brian Bowles

Second Unit
I just got the 12 gauge wire from Home Depot. Would another type of wire work better? My dual 20-39CS+ sound good.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Maybe some fat 8 Ga jumper cables...
I have the HD 12 GA too. To say you could hear the diff betwixed one wire or another on the sub would cause a flaming witch hunt.
Seriously, no, I don't think you could benefit from any other cable.
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.