What's new

need help with connecting spade terminations to my speakers (1 Viewer)

chris c

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I finally upgraded my speaker cables from DH Labs T14 to Acoustic Zen Satori's - and encountered somewhat of a problem. The terminations in the DH labs were banana plugs and the cables were pretty thin. The Acoustic Zen's are terminated in spades and are nearly as thick as garden hose. I have a pair of Proac 1Sc's driven by the Theta Intrepid (Dreadnaught's little brother). The spades cannot be connected to the Proacs such that they are flat - they just fall off in that orientation. I had to turn them around such that only the top and bottom are in contact with the binding posts and then forcibly tighten the binding post screws. On the other hand, I can connect the Satori's to the Theta in the flat orientation, but the cables weight really wants to pull them off (damn gravity). Anyone else had this problem - is it common? Is it ok to connect the Satoris to the Proacs in this manner - after getting everything connected I listened briefly and everything sounded quite good but I am thinking I should have got the banana terminations. On the other hand it doesn't seem like the binding posts on the Proacs could be so different than most speakers - what do you think?

PomingF

Second Unit
Chris, I have kinda the same problem with my Kimber Bifocals as the Bryston's European style terminals wouldn't take the thick WBT spades. I ended up getting the banana adaptors from audioadvisor.com and so far things seem to work out fine.
PF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks