What's new

Need Help? Receiver to go with infinity speakers??? (1 Viewer)

Jim Krotz

Auditioning
First of all, this is a great site. I am really a beginner in all of this. I need a receiver for this setup. I am looking at $400-$500.

Speakers I just got..
Infinity Aplha 40's for R/L
Infinity c25 center
Ininity ps8 sub
Infinity ers210 in-wall for surrounds.

Looking at
Yamaha v640
Denon 1804
Onkyo 601
Marantz 5400
HK 230
HK 325 refurb.

Any info would be great. I am only able to listen to the denon and yamaha. I am not looking for the perfect receiver, just do not want to make a muistake, if I have to order on-line.

thanks in advance.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
FWIW, I've read that h/k receivers match up well with Infinity speakers, which makes sense since both are owned by Harman International. You'd figure the company would like its various products to work well together. I'm currently using a h/k 7200 with Infinity Alpha 50 mains and JBL (another Harman Int'l company) S36II surrounds and like what I'm hearing.

Greg Walker

Stunt Coordinator
I also like the way my HK sounds with my Infinity Alpha speakers. There has been some discussion about build quality of the HKs on this site so you may want to check that out.

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator
I find the Onkyo receivers sound too bland with Infinity speakers, so lifeless. Ive had good matches with HK, Marantz and Rotel.

Shannon S.

Stunt Coordinator
I have Entras matched with Yamaha and want a new receiver because the Yamaha does not match well. I want to look into Rotel and Marantz myself. By the way, I have played my Infinity speakers with my Nad integrated amp and they sound really nice with it, so I can say that Nad sounds good with Infinity also.

Paul S

Stunt Coordinator
Virtually any receiver you decide on will match up just fine with your infinity speakers. Buy the receiver that you like best.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks