What's new

Need help identifying a Donald Duck cartoon (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I've been trying to remember this all day and have drawn a blank.

The episode in question might be part of a Christmas special or something. Anyway, it involves Donald Duck getting into a snowball fight with his nephews. They construct these incredible ice fortresses. Donald fights them on a ship and his nephews are in a ice castle.

Thanks! :)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
"Donald's Snow Fight" from 1942. Directed by Jack King

I haven't seen the full specs yet, but with any luck, it will show up on the "Chronological Donald" Walt Disney Treasures set next year. It may have been edited in whole or part into some of those anthology programs from the 70s and 80s, too.

Regards,

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
It may have been edited in whole or part into some of those anthology programs from the 70s and 80s, too.
A Disney Channel Christmas back in 1983. One of their first specials along with A Disney Channel Halloween and A Disney Valentine.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys!

I did some more snooping around and saw that the cartoon with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale is also on the Disney Christmas program.

I'm hoping they show it sometime before Christmas. :)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
As far as I know, none of the early Disney Channel specials see airtime nowadays. The last to be aired regularly was A Disney Channel Halloween. Some of the DTV stuff shows up now and then, in a re-edited fashion. A holiday airing is unlikley in with the PC mindset of corporate America in the new millennium, as a 'Christmas' special is considered a 'no-no.'

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
A holiday airing is unlikley in with the PC mindset of corporate America in the new millennium, as a 'Christmas' special is considered a 'no-no.'
You are kidding, right? Disney owns ABC and ABC Family which are both airing a constant barrage of Christmas programming.

Regards,

Todd K

Second Unit
Wasn't that Donald Duck cartoon a part of "Mickey's Christmas Carol," aired on one of the broadcast networks each year? I've seen that one quite a few times. It was always one of my favorites. It also had the one with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale.

And I may be remembering wrong, but was the episode where Goofy goes skiing ever a part of that special? I remember seeing that cartoon a few times, but then I'd look for it in the Christmas special, thinking that's where it was from, but then it wasn't in there. Was "Christmas Carol" in a half-hour slot or full hour?

Evan M

Second Unit
Yeah, that sounds right. My family had that on tape, and we used to watch it every year. I need to try and dig it up...

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
You are kidding, right?
No, but I didn't make myself clear. The word 'Christmas' in the title is no longer appropriate to some people. In the same vein as it used to be 'Merry Christmas' and now it's 'Happy Holidays' or how 'Christmas Vacation' has evolved into 'Winter Break'. I'm sure there are exceptions (like A Charlie Brown Christmas which was produced quite a few years ago), but very few specials nowadays use the word 'Christmas' in their title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks