What's new

Need help from R1 canadian dvd owners! (1 Viewer)

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
I am about to make my first import order(I live in australia)and i would really appreciate your views on these dvd's i'm getting. I've read that R1 from canada sometimes have bi-lingual covers etc so i would like to know if any of the following have this. The main reason im importing is because these are my favorite movies and the packaging,extras are not available in australia. So if the packaging suffers from other languages etc then i might have to think about going to America for them.
Also, any quick information you can give me about the quality of the AV transfer would be great too! Thanks.

Almost famous bootlegs
Pearl harbour directors cut
Memento special ed
Mallrats
Chasing amy
Terminator 2(the silver box one)
Pulp fiction
The usual suspects
Seven

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Brettis, if you wish to avoid the bi-lingual covers,you're better off buying from the US (tho Canada is cheaper). Chasing Amy is from the Criterion Collection, and will be very expensive in Canada

Jim Spencer

Stunt Coordinator
The Usual Suspects SE has only English on the packaging.
Seven Platinum Edition, T2, Chasing Amy are titles that have been out for some time now and should have been packaged in english only(my copies are, anyways)

As for Pulp Fiction, if you are talking about the new CE, then it does have a bilingual cover. As for the audio/video, its the exact same as the US versions for all the titles you have listed.

And actually Chasing Amy Criterion isn't that expensive in Canada, since it was a coproduction with another company, just like the Royal Tenenbaums, which can be had for $20 Canaidan funds.

Jean Paul Villeneuve

Second Unit
Almost famous bootlegs same
Pearl harbour directors cut same
Memento special ed order in the U.S.
Mallrats same
Chasing amy same
Terminator 2(the silver box one) same
Pulp fiction order in the U.S.
The usual suspects same
Seven same

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Chasing Amy is from the Criterion Collection, and will be very expensive in Canada.
Chasing Amy is one of the few Criterion titles with a Canadian distributor so it's actually relatively cheap. However, I've seen the U.S. version going for as low as $15 in many places so it may still be more expensive in Canada.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I think your safe with Memento. I own this and there is no french on the packaging and I'm real picky about this. There is hardly a trace of difference between it and the US version.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks