What's new

Need Help accessing S-Video display on older 36" Proscan (1 Viewer)

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
Anyone with a Proscan or RCA television may be able to help. I need help finding out how to use the s-video input on an older 36" Proscan. For the life of me, I can't get it to work. The model number is PS35153
My sister finally purchased a dvd player and asked me to help set it up. Using the composite video input, everything is fine, but if I try to use the s-video, there is no picture. I went through every channel, antenna and input; nothing.
The composite and coax inputs on the back of the set are labelled Antenna A, Antenna B, Input 1 and Input 2, however, the s-video has no label except "s-video."
If anyone can give any advise on this, I'd be grateful.
Thanks,
Dave
------------------
"When you call me that, smile!"
My DVD Collection

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Connect the S-Video source (DVD player), turn the DVD player on, then hit 00 (as in channel 00) on the remote. Meaning 00 is the "channel" for accessing inputs on an RCA TV. Furthermore, most RCA TVs will prioritize connections via input, giving S-Video the highest priority, followed by composite. In other words, if there isn't an S-Video signal it will automatically check for composite. Plus it'll tell you which connection's in use:
"S-Video" for S-Video (of course)
or "Video" for composite
Anyway, that's the way my 3 year-old RCA 27" used to work.
Good luck, and let us know how that works.
------------------
September 11, 2001
"Those who died will always be remembered.
Those who killed will never be forgotten.
We who remain will not let it happen again."
[Edited last by JerryW on November 05, 2001 at 12:50 PM]

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
Thanks for responding Jerry! I had tried using channel "00" and "01" and didn't get a picture. When using the composite input on "Input 1" on the back of the set, you turn the television to channel 91 and get the video feed from the dvd player. Very weird. I've only owned Sony and Toshiba products and never had this problem.
------------------
"When you call me that, smile!"
My DVD Collection

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
My buddies old RCA had to be on channel 90 for s video
------------------
Mongo like HTF

Darell_Land

Auditioning
Just a thought..Did you go thur the setup menu mine had a (use with VCR) (use with DVD) and I picked the input to use 1or2 also if I rember mine picked up the SVideo righ away hope this is of some help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks