What's new

Need advice on new receiver (1 Viewer)

John Hagan

Auditioning
I am about to upgrade my receiver from an older Kenwood. I would like to spend between $300 to $350. I have narrowed my choices to either Onkyo tx-sr501 ($299.) or Denon avr-1803 ( I can get this thru a friend for $330.) I need some help from the experts on this forum. Which would you choose and why? The receiver will be hooked to Cambridge Soundworks Newton series speakers in a room that measures approx.
12 x 14. Any adice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
When I bought my receiver I narrowed it down between the same brands, Onkyo and Denon. I went with the Denon because it had a little more power and sounded a bit better. If you cant decide between the 2 take the remote control into consideration. The one with the Denon is terrible and if you want anyone else to use it you would be better off getting a universal one. Probably not the best way to judge a receiver but still worth mentioning.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
If you can find a harman/kardon 225 near the same price, I'd take it over either of those receivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks