Need advice for HT speakers...PLEASE!! real quick opinion

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christopher Chung, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Christopher Chung

Christopher Chung Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    I'm the newbie around here, but I'm currently looking through the many thousands of speakers out on the market. I've been hearing a lot of good things about the "Energy Loudspeakers Take 5."
    Now I hear they have a lot of bang for the buck, but as far as music playback, they aren't too impressive; being that I watch some DVD's with live performances (Dave Matthews Band, etc). However, my first priority is the home theater surround.
    Could anybody recomend some speaker set ups in the $500 range or so? I'm not really loyal to any brand in particular; I just want something that'll give me a great home theater experience for the money.

2. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

How much is the JBL NSP1 package? That's supposed to be great too, and in some peoples' opinions, better than the Take 5 package.

3. Robert Ma

Robert Ma Second Unit

I also like the JBL NSP1 system for the $$$ but don't forget to audition Paradigms at your local dealer.

4. Glenn Baumann

Glenn Baumann Stunt Coordinator

Christopher,
    I have just the ticket you seek! Check out this dynamite performing, quality, like new setup at: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/002141.html
    You cant go wrong with this very neutral sounding system and I believe it can not be beat for the price!
    Regards,
    Glenn

5. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Screenwriter

The JBL NSP1 system is $300 at J&R with free shipping through August 10th I believe. They have free shipping on all JBL products through the 10th I think.