What's new

NBC HD in San Jose, CA (1 Viewer)

HenryT

Auditioning
I'm a newbie to this forum. I have been able to receive OTA HD for most stations, CBS, ABC etc but can't seem to get NBC (I believe it's channel 57 here). I'm pretty sure my antenna is pointing in the right direction (supposedly almost the same as CBS). Does anyone in this vicinity gets this station? Thanks.

Alan Markow

Agent
KRON comes in on digital channel 4.1. I get it from the same direction as the other channels I receive -- ABC, CBS, Fox, UPN, WB, PBS. My antenna is pointed toward San Francisco. I'm in Los Gatos.
Alan

Yes, I receive it. It's broadcast from Sutro Tower in SF, so if you get the others broadcast from Sutro (inc. CBS), you should be able to get it. But note that NBC goes to Channel 11 (12 digital) the first of the year.
What equipment are you using?

Alan Markow

Agent
Sony HD-100 Satellite Box, elliptical DTV antenna, small footprint OTA antenna (sorry, forgot the brand and tossed the box, but it looks like one of those old UHF antenna). Neighbors haven't even noticed all the new stuff on my roof yet. I get Channel 11's digital signal so I'll be okay when NBC switches from KRON. Too bad that Fox isn't doing HD -- they have the Super Bowl this season.

HenryT

Auditioning
Wow, great help.
Alan, KRON is on 4 (although I didn't check 4.1 - will do tonight). AntennaWeb.org tells me KRON (DTV) is on ch 57, that's why I was onto 57.
Art, glad to hear you receive it. Since Alan mentioned ch 4.1, are you using ch 57 or 4.1? As for my equipment, I'm using Proscan (same as RCA DTC-100), elliptical dish and ChannelMaster antenna.
Thx for your quick responses.
Oh, any idea where to change this forum's password? (I can't find the "Profile" icon).

HenryT

Auditioning
Tried 4.1 (actually 4-1 on Proscan) but it goes to 4 which is analog KRON NBC. Any further input/suggestions would be appreciated.

MikeM

Screenwriter
With my Sony HD-100 it *used to * show KRON on 57.1 and BayTV on 57.2 when I did a channel scan. Now, after the death of BayTV, KRON shows up on 4.1 and KNTV 11 shows up on 4.2.
Hope that helps...after doing a channel scan, you should see NBC on 4.1...good luck!
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

HenriT -
I've got a Panasonic STB and the Proscan. Check your setting on the Proscan for "Acquire off-air guides," and if it is set to "on" try turning it off and re-scanning for channels. There's a bug that sometimes interferes with the unit seeing some of the channels when it is set to on.
The downside of having it set to "off" is that the unit will then not do automatic channal mapping (i.e., displaying 4.1, 4.2 v. 57.1).
Art

HenryT

Auditioning
Mike, Art & Alan,
Just got it (NBC on ch 57-1). Had to do a channel scan. Interesting that simlpy entering 57-1 did not get it. Thanks a lot you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks