What's new

MY SASSY GIRL American remake: lead actress and director info (1 Viewer)

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
I'm guessing this is just a rumour, but according to this site, Rachel Leigh Cook has landed the lead. Sigh....
http://www.battleroyalefilm.net/af.html
The director is supposedly Gurinder Chadha of BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM, which seems like an ideal choice, but...Rachel Leigh Cook?!?! Puh-leeeze. Hopefully, it's just wishful thinking on the part of whoever runs that site.
Personally, I wish they'd just release the original over here. I'm sure it wouldn't do well in wide release, but it might get good word of mouth on the arthouse circuit and then cross over a bit. So far, all the great films of the Korean renaissance that HAVE been released here seem to have gone straight to video, with the exception of SPRING, SUMMER, FALL, WINTER...and SPRING!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Note the date the news about RLC was posted. April 1st, 2004. Click on the "Forums" link and they say everything but the Gurinder Chadha news is fake.

I have faith in Chadha.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
As much as I dislike the idea of a remake, Rachael Leigh Cook would get me into the theater. Or would have, if it was true.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks