What's new

My Quest..My ambition is over! (Silent Hill 2) (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I have done it! Finally, I have completed Silent Hill 2 for the 15th time. (Yes you read that right). What is my major accomplishment you might ask? I completed the game and uncovered the final ending: The exclusive UFO ending for the X-box version!! WooHOO! (ok so maybe you are not as excited as I am but I just had to share:D)
Fans of Silent Hill 1 will enjoy this ending:
Harry from Silent Hill 1 meets James Sunderland and asks him if he has seen Cherly anywhere in Silent Hill. James in turn answers no and suddenly the alien ship zaps both of them away and the game ends..
I love that.
Now I believe I can stop playing Silent Hill 2 for awhile.
Just had to share my happiness with you guy.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
So, Romier, what did you do differently this time to get the "final ending" and why does it take fifteen times to make it happen? Is this a "luck of the draw" type thing?

Gary

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
You pick up this blue gem in the game that you need to use in particular spots along the way. Once you use it in all the spots the game will abruptly end and give you the UFO ending. It doesn't really take 15 tries to do it. I just finally hankered down and did on the 15th try. The other 14 times I just loved playing the game;).

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Most definitely I did Sean. I listen to it at work constantly. It may seem strange to some but the music is actually quite relaxing, but at the same time quite sad. In fact I have the picture on the CD cover as my wallpaper on my work computer and the wallpaper of Angela holding the knife in shadows (To be more specific here it is):
Angela
That is quite possibly my favorite desktop wallpaper I've seen of the game. Its very haunting and every time I look at it I want to play the game again. Another one I quite enjoy is this one:
Dark
The look in her eyes just gets me. It reminds me of the beginning movie where Maria says "I'm real".
As for the soundtrack I would say these are my favorite tracks in no particular order:
Track 1 "The Theme of Laura"
Track 3 "Forest"
Track 15 "Magdalane"
Track 16 "Fermata in Mystic Air"
Track 24 ""True"
Track 25 "Betrayal"
Track 27 "Theme of Laura (Reprise)"
Track 28 ""Overdose Delusion"
Track 30 "Promise"
The music is integral to Silent Hill and it ranks right up there as one of my favorite game soundtracks. I know, I know..I have an utter fixation with this game. I don't know why it connects with me so much as a gamer. More than anything its the very human story that lies underneath all the carnage that transpires in the game. The characters are well thought out. You can't help but feel sorry for James and in a way for Maria as well. Its a very somber and depressing tale but one that I cant get enough of. Silent Hill 3 has allot to live up to as far as I am concerned.
I could talk about this game forever so I'll shut up now.:D

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Geez, Romier. Thats some serious dedication right there.
You wanna hear the bad part? A friend of mine was over about 2 nights ago watching me play the game and he asked "Where are you in the game?". Meaning of course how far in was I. I took it as "Where is your location?" I answered back and said "Katz St." Mind you I didn't look at the map and there was no street sign anywhere in sight. Scary huh?
PS James, I love the "We're not worthy" smiley's:)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Jeez, Romier,don't you do anything other than play games??? ;)
Of course,with my other half being a HUGE Silent Hill fan, you've just given me a reason to upgrade my PS2 version :D
Calvin

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Jeez, Romier,don't you do anything other than play games???
Yep, I work a 45-50 hour a week job and somehow find time to spend with my wife who is SOOOO not a gamer:frowning: (Though she can't put down the Sims and Super Monkey Ball)
psss I still love her anyway.:D

Damien

Supporting Actor
i just beat it tonight and i think it's a well put together package. The ending I got was pretty dreary and a little confusing. We'll see what the sub-plot has in store for me. I have a little theory on the story so far but i'll have to go through it again to tie some loose ends with it.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Yup, it is a great OST.
Somehow I had a feeling that particular CD was spinning in your player all the time, Romier. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks