What's new

My new recroom/theatre (1 Viewer)

SteveSs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Hi. I'm a long-time reader but infrequent contributor. I find that there is almost nothing that I can add to discussions that someone else more knowledgeable can't do better. That said, the wife and I just put the finishing touches on our basement remodel this past weekend! We finally have the recroom/theatre we always wanted. I love reading about the dedicated theatres that many members have. We, however, can't afford to devote space to just one purpose. We ended up with a nice cozy recroom with big-screen capability. I want to include a link, but the HTF software is preventing me. So, you will have to navigate to the galleries and look for "Simpleton-Theatre" if you care to see the end results.

Construction was hired out. I did all of the low-voltage wiring, painting, staining, flooring (except for the stairs), and trim work. We started in January. My wife picked all of the colors and executed a beautiful stencil which runs across the room. First movie this coming weekend: Errol Flynn and "The Sea Hawk".

Equipment:
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V1300
Amplifier - Acurus 200x3
Amplifier - Rotel RB 990BX
DVD - Cambridge Audio DVD300
Mains - Totem Rokk
Center - Totem Rainmaker
Surrounds - Def Tech BP1
Front Projector - Infocus SP4805
Screen - 76" that came with projector

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Provide the link here and I (or another admin) will activate later. setup looks good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks