What's new

My First Casting Call - Johnny Depp Public Enemies (1 Viewer)

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
Went to a casting call here in Wisconsin for Public Enemies on Saturday.

They are filming a bank robbery with the entire cast about 2 blocks from my house. Full cast Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, Marion Cotillard.Channing Tatum,Giovanni Ribisi

For anyone interested here is my blog.

Public Enemies - Columbus

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
My daughter got Michael Mann autograph today!!

She got to follow him and the production crew around town as they discussed the shoot.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
That's cool Brian. I live just south of Madison so I've been keeping with the news of this movie being shot in the area. I'll be checking out your blog periodically.

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
I'll have news from Little Bohemia tomorrow - actually I'm Rod Melotte, not Brian but I was banned like 5 or 6 years ago! :)

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
FINALLY - a mini trailer.

I ended up being a Picture Car Driver and drove a 1933 Graham Sedan. Stood right next to Johnny and the other guys in the gang but I 'm not sure I made it into any scenes. Car was parked mostly.

Still - I was 4 feet from Michael Mann in Oshkosh during filming for brief while on some long range Tommy gun shooting scenes. Had grass hitting me as "bulliets" sprayed the ground.

Mini Trailer can be found here.

Photos from the shoot can be found here

http://publicenemiesphotos.blogspot.com/

Public Enemies - Columbus

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the updates. I saw the mini-trailer during the credits of the Oscars last night and I can't wait to see it. Hopefully, it'll be a major contender for the Oscars next year.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Also saw the footage from the Oscars last night and any movie that has Johnny Depp, Christian Bale and Channing Tatum (oh yes and Michael Mann) is a must-see in my book!

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the trailer and I am officially as excited about this film as I am for any other flick this summer. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Hmmm. I'd forgotten about Mann's preference for the digital video-look. In my opinion, it looks rather distracting - especially for a period piece.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Just watched the trailer in 1080p. I have to say it looks terrible, the video look, I hate it! I don’t understand how come only Michael Mann’s movies shot on video look this way. There are other new movies shot on video that don’t look like this.

With other movies, David Fincher’s Zodiac for example I have to read about it to find out it was shot on video. When I see a new Michael Mann’s movie I see the video look instantly.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The trailer wasn't that great, but the footage looks awesome. Mann does know how to make his movies look great.

~T

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
One disturbing thing I noticed in the trailer: pause it at around the 0:26 or 0:27 mark and notice that Depp's face is CGI when he's jumping over that counter. Why the hell would Mann use a CGI face for something like that? :confused:

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Easy, maybe because Johnny Depp couldn't jump like that! They had to use a stunt man.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Um, I think Johnny Depp is more than capable of doing what looks like a relatively simple jump. He's done a lot more physical work than that in the Pirates movies.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
My only concern is Depp's age. Was in his early twenties and died when he was 34
. Depp is 45. Will he be too old for the character? Although, here is a pic of Dillinger. He did look older than he was ...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm not trying to be a smartass about it, but there isn't many people still around that know what Dillinger looked like and at what age he died.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I was trying to err in the side of caution about his life. Some people do not know about him and want to see the movie and find out. I have seen more than one post berating a forum member for disclosing something that seemed benign. I figured I would be safe and put a spoiler in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks